can i use this chain: new macbook pro >>> usb-c adapter (usb-c to thunderbold 2) >>> thunderbolt cable >>> imac minidisplay insert- secodary display
1 Answer from the Community
Only if your iMac supports Target Display Mode. See HT204592 "Use your iMac as a display with Target Display Mode" on the Apple support website.
That document says that some iMacs can use Mini DisplayPort as input as well as Thunderbolt. In that case, I would consider using just a USB-C to Mini DisplayPort cable.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
is there a lightning to usb-c adaptor?
- Asked by Doris B from Vernon
- 06 30, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a lightning to usb-c adaptor?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
No answers yet
can this usb-c adapter be daisy-chained ? ie: macbook -> adapter -> adapter ?
- Asked by Harold F from Pasadena
- 03 19, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (can this usb-c adapter be daisy-chained ? ie: macbook -> adapter -> adapter ?)
- Asked about: USB-C VGA Multiport Adapter
Can this adapter be used with the late 2016 MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Paul J from Boulder
- 10 31, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used with the late 2016 MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…