Can I use this to connect a Samsung T5 SSD to my Mac Pro 2013?
Hi, I have a Mac Pro (Late 2013) with 6 Thunderbolt 2 ports, I need extra hard drive space and would like to take advantage of the 20 Gbps Thunderbolt speeds. I see the Samsung T5 SSD is USB-C.
So if I buy this adapter will it connect a Mac Pro to a Samsung T5?
I know similar questions have been asked but I couldn't see a clear Yes or No answer...
- Asked by Mark L from Ballina
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect a Samsung T5 SSD to my Mac Pro 2013?)
1 Answer from the Community
It would NOT benefit you to purchase this. The Samsung T5 SSD doesn't support Thunderbolt 2, it supports up to USB 3.1 (although it apparently can only go as fast as a USB 3 connection). Your Mac Pro has 4 USB 3 ports, so you should just use the USB-C to USB-A cable included with the Samsung T5 SSD.
- Answered by Jake R from Redding
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
what cable works to connect a mac pro to a samsung tv ?
- Asked by Beth M from Palatine
- 08 7, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable works to connect a mac pro to a samsung tv ?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
How can I connect a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW to Power Mac Pro?
- Asked by Anonymous A
- 12 6, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW to Power Mac Pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter