can this be used to connect a superdrive?
trying to connect a superdrive to my Macbook Air 2019.
- Asked by Michael A from Baton Rouge
- Flag as inappropriate can this be used to connect a superdrive?
1 Answer from the Community
The Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter is for connecting Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 1 devices/computers to a Thunderbolt 3 device/computer and for connecting Thunderbolt 3 devices/computers to a Thunderbolt 1 or Thunderbolt 2 device/computer. The Apple USB SuperDrive is a USB device. It is not a Thunderbolt device. To connect the Apple USB SuperDrive to a USB-C port (such as a Thunderbolt 3 port of a Mac), you need a USB-C to USB-A adapter or a Thunderbolt or USB-C dock that has a USB-A port.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can an Apple USB SuperDrive be used to play music in a car?
- Asked by Tex B from Temple
- 12 Nov 2019
- Flag as inappropriate Can an Apple USB SuperDrive be used to play music in a car?
Will this work to connect a SuperDrive to a 16" MacBook Pro?
- Asked by James S from Saint Paul
- 24 Feb 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work to connect a SuperDrive to a 16" MacBook Pro?