I have a thunderbolt display and I want to connect it to the new MacBook Pro with USB - C. Is this the correct adapter?
I ask this question because my thunderbolt display has a power and thunderbolt 2 adapter in one. What do I do with the Power adapter?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes you can. You'll leave the power connector unconnected, since it cannot be used to power the new MacBook Pro.
Read Apple support document HT207266 "Connect devices and displays with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter".
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this adapter connect directly to the new MacBook Pro 2016 USB-c/thunderbolt ports?
- Asked by Robin N from Jacksonville
- 11 3, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter connect directly to the new MacBook Pro 2016 USB-c/thunderbolt ports?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Can this adapter be used with the late 2016 MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Paul J from Boulder
- 10 31, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used with the late 2016 MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…