If you use this adaptor to connect to a thunderbolt display, will the single USB-C to Thunderbolt connection both charge and display the laptop?
3 Answers from the Community
No. The Thunderbolt display provides power via a MagSafe connector; this adapter does not have a MagSafe connector, and there is currently no way to get one on the new MacBook Pro.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. You can connect a Thunderbolt display, but the display will not power the laptop.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Jesse S from Alpharetta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does the Thunderbolt wire charge the MacBook Pro's battery when connected to a 27" Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Sean K from Commack
- 10 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Thunderbolt wire charge the MacBook Pro's battery when connected to a 27" Thunderbolt display?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…