Is there the opposite of this adapter? (So that I can turn a thunderbolt 2 port into thunderbolt 3)
1 Answer from the Community
According to the document HT207266 "Connect devices and displays with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter":
This adapter allow Thunderbolt 3 computers to use Thunderbolt 2 devices.
It also allows Thunderbolt 2 computers to use Thunderbolt 3 devices.
You can connect Thunderbolt 3 devices to Thunderbolt 2 devices, or Thunderbolt 2 devices to Thunderbolt 3 devices. Usually you would put the faster Thunderbolt 3 device closer to the computer but that only matters if you have a Thunderbolt 3 computer and the Thunderbolt 3 device can use more than 20 Gbps. Sometimes a Thunderbolt device doesn't have two Thunderbolt ports and therefore must be placed at the end of the chain whether it's Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 2.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will this cable connect to a late 2012 iMac Thunderbolt 2 Port?
- Asked by Robert C from Bethpage
- 05 25, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (will this cable connect to a late 2012 iMac Thunderbolt 2 Port?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
How is possible to connect a new Thunderbolt 3 port to an old Firewire 400 port?
- Asked by Arnaldo P from Cagliari
- 05 20, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How is possible to connect a new Thunderbolt 3 port to an old Firewire 400 port?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Why isn't there a Thunderbolt port on the new Time Capsule?
- Asked by Jack K from Las Vegas
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Why isn't there a Thunderbolt port on the new Time Capsule?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB