Will I be able to not only connect but also CHARGE my new MacBook Pro with the (now "obsolete") Apple Thunderbolt Display using this adapter?
3 Answers from the Community
It will connect, but not charge
- Answered by Eduardo M from Torreon
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. The Thunderbolt display provides power via a MagSafe connector; this adapter does not have a MagSafe connector, and there is currently no way to get one on the new MacBook Pro.
It will work for the display and everything on it (audio, camera, ethernet, USB, microphone) except for the charging connector. You can use a separate USB-C cable/charger, like the one that comes for free with the new MacBook Pro, for power.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Jesse S from Alpharetta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3