Will this adapter allow me to use a 2015 Retina MacBook Pro with an LG UltraFine 4k display?
I understand that the LG UltraFine 4k display uses USB-C and the 2015 Retina MacBook Pro has two thunderbolt 2 ports. Should this adapter work with a thunderbolt 2 cord to connect these two devices?
- Asked by Taurean B from Emeryville
- Flag as inappropriate Will this adapter allow me to use a 2015 Retina MacBook Pro with an LG UltraFine 4k display?
2 Answers from the Community
It works fine for me. I use Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter together with Thunderbolt cable to connect macBook Pro Mid 2015 and the LG ULTRAFINE 5K (27")
- Answered by Mette Wendtland M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter only transmits Thunderbolt signals and is therefore only for connecting Thunderbolt devices. A Thunderbolt device is required to convert Thunderbolt signals to DisplayPort or HDMI. The Thunderbolt ports of the MacBook Pro can also send DisplayPort signals, but the LG UltraFine 4K requires both USB and DisplayPort signals over a USB-C cable. Therefore, to connect the LG UltraFine 4K display to a 2015 MacBook Pro, use the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter to connect a Thunderbolt 3 device or dock that has two Thunderbolt 3 ports or a USB-C port that supports DisplayPort alt mode.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work with the LG Ultra fine display?
- Asked by Mitchell E from Houston
- 3 Nov 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Will this work with the LG Ultra fine display?
Will the 2015 13” MacBook Pro with Retina Display fit in this sleeve?
- Asked by Joshua A from Bastrop
- 13 Jul 2018
- Flag as inappropriate Will the 2015 13” MacBook Pro with Retina Display fit in this sleeve?
Can the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter be daisy-chained to a mac (e.g. via the LG UltraFine 4K Display that has two Thunderbolt-3 ports)?