Will this also deliver power from an Apple thunderbolt display?
...and would that be sufficient to charge the MBP?
1 Answer from the Community
No, the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter does not pass power to charge the MacBook Pro.
Read Apple support document HT207266 "Connect devices and displays with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter".
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this work with an Apple Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Evan W from Plymouth
- 6 Apr 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with an Apple Thunderbolt Display?)
- Asked about: VESA Mount Adapter Kit for iMac Pro…
Is there currently an adapter to go from the thunderbolt display to a VGA or DVI?
- Asked by Greg R from Youngstown
- 7 Oct 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there currently an adapter to go from the thunderbolt display to a VGA or DVI?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
What is wrong with USB that I have to use Thunderbolt?
- Asked by Jonathan B
- 11 Dec 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is wrong with USB that I have to use Thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…