Will this work with a monitor (e.g. Dell P2715Q 4K Monitor) that has a Mini Display Port?
mDP is the same connector as TB2 and you could drive mDP displays from TB2
1 Answer from the Community
The Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter is only for Thunderbolt devices. It will not pass DisplayPort signals.
You need a USB-C to DisplayPort cable.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can it power a 4k monitor?
- Asked by Thomas T from Winnipeg
- 29 Oct 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (can it power a 4k monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
No answers yet
can I use mini displayPort cable to connect up my Ipad mini to computer monitor only.
- Asked by Annie P from Oakville
- 18 Nov 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use mini displayPort cable to connect up my Ipad mini to computer monitor only.)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter