How can I use these headphones with my MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Christian O from Hoboken
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I use these headphones with my MacBook Pro?)
2 Answers from the Community
You can't. These EarPods are specially made for iDevices that have lightning ports ONLY. I suggest the base 3.5mm EarPod model if you're still interested. However, they still sound great!
- Answered by Jacob D from Thurmont
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You would need an adapter that converts USB to a Lightning SOCKET (like on the bottom of the iPhone, not like the end of a iPhone charging cable).
I don't know of any that exist yet sadly, but I guess keep an eye out and maybe someone out there will market one, though it would be pretty niche in use.
When the AirPods are out, they will work with the MacBook Pro, so maybe that will meet your needs anyway :)
Other than that, there are lots of USB headphones out there that will get you the extra sound quality from your MacBook Pro that digital headphones provide, so don't be discouraged!
- Answered by Anthony R from Belconnen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How to use iPhone7 lightening headphone with my MacBook Pro 3.5mm Audio?
- Asked by Md Borhan U from Santa Clara
- 09 29, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How to use iPhone7 lightening headphone with my MacBook Pro 3.5mm Audio?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack …
Is this headphone compatible with a MacBook Pro from Mid-2012?
- Asked by Gabriela R from Porto Alegre
- 07 10, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this headphone compatible with a MacBook Pro from Mid-2012?)
- Asked about: Beats Solo2 On-Ear Headphones - Bla…