How can these Lightning EarPods be used with my new MacBook? Is there an adapter for it, so I don't need to carry an extra set of earbuds?
I only want to carry one set of earbuds when I travel with my iPhone 7 and new Retina MacBook. Is there an adapter that allows me to use my new Lightning EarPods on the MacBook? Or do I have to carry two sets of earbuds now?
4 Answers from the Community
Please let us know as soon as you find one. As of today (October 14th 2016), I cannot find any lightning to MALE 3.5 jack adapter. It would be nice to use my earpods with my MacBook Pro... I can't even think why this does not exist yet.
- Answered by Pierre-luc D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Or USB male to Lightning female works too... if not to 3.5mm audio female.
- Answered by Sandeep P from Ashburn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I don't know of an adapter existing for that purpose, although there also hasn't been a need for it before now to be honest. Unfortunately, even now it would be a Niche product, so don't hold your breath.
If it did exist, you would be looking for either a USB or USB-C to female Lightning connector for that (USB if you have a MacBook Air or Pro, USB-C if you have a 12-inch Retina MacBook).
The AirPods (once they're out) are meant to work seamlessly between your iPhone, MacBook and any other Apple product you might have, so that might be a better solution (at least we have a set release date, unlike the afore mentioned theoretical adapter)
Any bluetooth headphones would work fine being paired to both as well. I have a pair of Bose QC-35s that are paired to my Mac Mini, iPad Mini and iPhone 6, and it can pretty easily work out which one I want to use them with without any extra effort from me :)
If you don't want to be buying anything else on top of what you already have and the iPhone 7, the iPhone 7 does come with a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter so if you already own some EarPods from a previous iPhone, you can use them with the iPhone 7
- Answered by Anthony R from Belconnen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
There is an adapter that came with your IPhone 7.
- Answered by Calvin H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Can this be used to charge iPhones and iPads with a Lightning adapter, so I don't have to carry two chargers when I travel?
- Asked by Ian P
- 01 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used to charge iPhones and iPads with a Lightning adapter, so I don't have to carry two chargers when I travel?)
- Asked about: 29W USB-C Power Adapter
Extra uses for the Lightning Digital AV Adapter?
- Asked by Cedric Gabriel C from Los Angeles
- 02 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Extra uses for the Lightning Digital AV Adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter