If I have an iPhone 6S with a 3.5mm headphone plug is there any advantage (i.e. sound quality) to using the lightning connector?
1 Answer from the Community
You should see better sound than with a 3.5mm plug version of the EarPods, since the Audio controller they can fit in the iPhone itself (amongst all the other parts they need to squeeze in there) is tiny compared with the one they can fit into the lightning connector and remote module of these EarPods. While bigger doesn't 100% always mean better, in this case it should be leading to an improvement.
That said, I haven't got mine yet to use with my 6. If there is not a difference or (god forbid) it sounds worse, I'll update this for you.
When looking at other headphones as well, especially On- and Over-Ear headphones, if there is a 3.5mm version and a Lightning version, they are definitely going to sound better through lightning (based on trying out various Audeze brand headphones)
- Answered by Anthony R from Belconnen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a pair of 3.5 mm plug in Sennheiser headphones with studio quality sound. Will the Lightning to 3.5 mm jack compromise sound quality?
- Asked by Scott E A from Atascadero
- 06 13, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a pair of 3.5 mm plug in Sennheiser headphones with studio quality sound. Will the Lightning to 3.5 mm jack compromise sound quality?)
- Asked about: iPhone
Does using the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter produce a better quality audio signal.
- Asked by Stephen J from Portland
- 09 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does using the Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter produce a better quality audio signal.)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack …