Does this adapter support microphone-input from a headset?
In other words, does it contain a DAC for both the stereo-output AND mono mic input? And have TRRS-pins for left/right/ground/mic.
2 Answers from the Community
It does work but I will say this; I have been noticing a lot of complaints from callers since using my iPhone 7. I blamed AT&T for the longest. I just did an experiment with the adapter and using the phone mic. Voice quality on the phone mic was perfect. Voice quality using a headphone with the adapter produced a very muted and muffled output. No wonder people were complaining they couldn't hear me. If I use the headphones on another phone without the adapter, the headphone mic is also fine.
My conclusion is there is a serious mic degradation if you are going to use headphones / inline mic and the 3.5 adapter.
- Answered by Rob V from Oreland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, it supports microphone, volume up/down, start-stop buttons.
- Answered by John K from Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the 3.5mm headset jack support headsets with microphones?
- Asked by Chris L from Austin
- 02 17, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the 3.5mm headset jack support headsets with microphones?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
- Asked by Robert A from Ashland
- 12 14, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Does it have a microphone?
- Asked by Serhat E from Vestal
- 01 25, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it have a microphone?)
- Asked about: AirPods
No answers yet