Will this adapter work with my iPhone 6 inside its Apple smart battery case?
- Asked by Amit B from San Antonio
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with my iPhone 6 inside its Apple smart battery case?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes as long as you are running iOS 10. I specifically bought it for this purpose. I bought the adapter specifically to connect my Bose QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones for Apple® devices to my iPhone 6s through the 6s Smart Battery Case lightning port (because the Bose have a L-shaped connector that won't insert through the straight opening of the battery case).
The 3.5 mm to Lightning adapter allows full pass through of in-line mic and controls. On initial plug in to the Smart Battery case Lightning Port of the 3.5mm to Lightning adapter with the Bose, the controls did not work. However, unplugging and replugging the adapter with the Bose Headphones attached allowed the controls and mic to work.
As long as your headphones are designed to work with iPhones, then they should work with the 3.5 mm to Lightning adapter, at least on a 6s using a Smart Battery case. As I don't have my iPhone 7 yet, I can't speak specifically for the iPhone 7, but it works fine even through the Lightning port on the Smart Battery case with the 6s and the headphones I have tried. Again, sometimes you may need to unplug and replug into the Lightning port.
- Answered by George M from Dacula
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do you know if the case is charging or if it is charged?
- Asked by Aaron B from Sun City West
- 05 20, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you know if the case is charging or if it is charged?)
- Asked about: iPhone 6 / 6s Smart Battery Case - …
Will this work with the apple smart battery case?
- Asked by Kevin N from Warrior
- 02 26, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the apple smart battery case?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White