Does this charger sense when it's connected?
i.e. If left plugged in to a power outlet when not connected to a device will it still draw current?
I'll be using it to charge a Touchbar MBP 15". With my previous MBP I would charge it from my Thunderbolt monitor, which only supplied current when the MBP was connected. Since a MagSafe to USB-C adapter is not available I will have to use this charger instead but will need to leave it connected to the wall socket behind my desk and I don't want it to be wasting current through the transformer all day while I'm out.
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Andrew G
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this charger sense when it's connected?)
1 Answer from the Community
This is a generic answer based on electrical engineering principles. If a transformer is plugged in it draws current. Thus if you plug in the charger, even if it is not charging any device, it will still draw a small amount of current.
- Answered by Edward M D from Cramerton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the dock come with its own charger that connects to the watch or do you have to use the charger that came with the watch?
- Asked by Michael C from Rogers
- 11 26, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the dock come with its own charger that connects to the watch or do you have to use the charger that came with the watch?)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock
Can this product be plugged into the car charger?
- Asked by Richard A from Navarre
- 05 20, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this product be plugged into the car charger?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White