How do you connect it to the in-flight entertainment / armrest jack on a plane?
In-Flight entertainments in almost all carriers require plugging into the armrest jack to listen / watch movies on the plane.
1 Answer from the Community
Since this device does not have a 3.5mm heaphone jack and instead only operates over Bluetooth it is not possible to ‘plug them in’ unless the in-flight entertainment system supports Bluetooth in which case you could use them wirelessly. I have not heard of an airlines in-flight entertainment system supporting connection over Bluetooth yet so we’ll have to presume this is not yet a capability available; however more often than not the bigger ailines provide you with a free wired headset to use with these systems.
I personally can not recommend these headphones enough, however could see how not being able to use them for the in-flight entertainment system if you fly a lot could be a drawback. Maybe the urBeats3 Earphones with 3.5mm Plug is more suited to your needs, these can be found on the Apple Store website too and come in a similar look and feel to the BeatsX, just in a wired form factor.
Hope this has helped.
- Answered by Thomas D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does it come with a wire which I can plug into the headphone socket on the plane?
- Asked by Yen N from Wolli Creek
- 09 5, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (does it come with a wire which I can plug into the headphone socket on the plane?)
- Asked about: Beats Studio3 Wireless Over‑Ear Hea…
I have a 2013 Mercedes ML equipped with the rear entertainment system. Can I sue this adapter to stream video from my I phone 6? Anything else needed
- Asked by Jason K from Pompano Beach
- 07 3, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 2013 Mercedes ML equipped with the rear entertainment system. Can I sue this adapter to stream video from my I phone 6? Anything else needed)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter