Can someone please provide me a reasonable explanation of why this case is so expensive?
I would definitely buy it if it were cheaper, especially because Apple is no longer making a protective cover for the back.
- Asked by Mitchell J from Springboro
- Flag as inappropriate (Can someone please provide me a reasonable explanation of why this case is so expensive?)
2 Answers from the Community
It's on par with what the high end leather case manufacturers charge (maybe even less). It's not the leather that's really expensive or even caring for the livestock, it's more the "art" or making the case that gets pricey. Treating the leather requires special tools, chemicals, and knowledge, messing up can't be covered up so it would mean having to start all over again. I'm not sure about Apple; but, many leather companies usually depend on hand labor instead of using machines - which adds to the cost. Considering the source and work that goes into creating a leather case, it's something that requires appreciation. Not saying this applies to all inexpensive leather products; but, the source of the leather, treatment of the livestock, and work conditions of the leatherworkers should probably be questioned.
- Answered by Carlos P from Englewood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Because it is genuine leather.
- Answered by Andrew B from El Paso
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How much protection does the case provide?
- Asked by Stan H from Bedford
- 09 14, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (How much protection does the case provide?)
- Asked about: iPhone X Leather Case - (PRODUCT)RE…
No answers yet
Can the case for the AirPods be etched with someones name or something of your choice?
- Asked by Arlene S from Jamaica
- 08 27, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the case for the AirPods be etched with someones name or something of your choice?)
- Asked about: AirPods