Will there be a back cover for the 10.5?
- Asked by Laurie S from Carmel
- Flag as inappropriate (Will there be a back cover for the 10.5?)
2 Answers from the Community
There is a cover on the apple store - Tech21 Impact Clear Case for 10.5-inch iPad Pro - it comes with a detachable Apple Pencil holder and works well with the Apple Smart Keyboard. I have been using it for a week now, with no complaints
- Answered by Natasha F from Springfield Gardens
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have the clear plastic cover for the back that comes with the detachable holder for the Apple pen. The cover is great for protecting the back and edges of the iPad, but I do not recommend using the pen holder because the pen can easily fall out. I removed the holder and use it separately. It keeps my pen from rolling around and protects the point. The back cover is nice because it is thin - not bulky like other cases I've used for my tablets.
You should know the back cover makes depressing the iPad buttons more difficult. The cover does not have holes that allow you to directly touch the buttons, but instead provides depressible plastic buttons covering (protecting) the iPad buttons. My family says I have "fingers of steel", so I can do it okay, but I think a child or an adult with delicate fingers might find the buttons annoyingly difficult to depress. To change the volume, for example, I have to prop the bottom edge of the iPad against the table before depressing the buttons on top. You will not feel tactile feedback from the buttons, either. You have to watch the screen or listen to the sound to know what effect you are having.
I also bought the leather Smart Cover. The Smart Cover is supposed to put the iPad to sleep when it is closed, but this doesn't happen on mine, and I suspect this may be caused by the back cover's front edges not allowing the Smart Cover to completely engage the iPad when closed. I wore my angry eyes at first upon discovering this, but I have since accepted my fate. It isn't really so bad to push the power button to put the iPad to sleep before shutting the cover. The combination of the two covers provides great protection without noticably increasing thickness.
- Answered by David B from Bremerton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will there be a Smart CASE (back covered) offered for the iPad Pro 10.5?
- Asked by Mollie T from Fredericksburg
- 06 7, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Will there be a Smart CASE (back covered) offered for the iPad Pro 10.5?)
- Asked about: Leather Smart Cover for 10.5‑inch i…
I need a back cover for my iPad Pro 10.5 that does not interfere with my Apple keyboard attaching
- Asked by Terry N from Charlotte
- 06 1, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (I need a back cover for my iPad Pro 10.5 that does not interfere with my Apple keyboard attaching)
- Asked about: iPad
Is there a cover for the new Ipad 10.5 that will protect the back of the iPad and allow you to use the Smart Keyboard?
- Asked by Ronald I L from Virginia Beach
- 06 6, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a cover for the new Ipad 10.5 that will protect the back of the iPad and allow you to use the Smart Keyboard?)
- Asked about: Leather Sleeve for 10.5‑inch iPad P…