What is the total weight of the iMac Pro without the stand, but with the VESA mount connected?
I am thinking about picking up an iMac Pro, but I currently use a VESA compatible monitor stand to hold the monitors I use with my current mac pro... The listed weight of the iMac Pro is 21.5 pounds, and my mount will support up to 19.8 pounds per arm... I figure the base is probably at least a couple pounds, but the weight of the VESA mount isn't listed anywhere. Just want to make sure of the total weight before I commit.
- Asked by Randall H from Hurricane
- Flag as inappropriate What is the total weight of the iMac Pro without the stand, but with the VESA mount connected?
3 Answers from the Community
I've just weighed the stand, though I can't weigh the iMac Pro itself on account of it being mounted and in use, but the stand itself weighs 1116g / 2.46lb
- Answered by Kier D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It's been a while since this question has been posted, but I just came across this post so maybe someone will still find this useful. I've been using the Ergotron MX Wall Monitor Arm (45-228-026) with a 27" iMac (factory VESA option) for several years. This arm is rated for 30 lbs. and has no issues holding the iMac in place.
- Answered by James C from Yorkville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Although I don't have the exact weight the VESA mount also states it requires a stand/mount that can support 21.5 lb. I tried a SIIG articulating stand that supports 22lb and it wasn't able to hold a position. Quality of the mount and weight capacity should both be considered. I don't think I would trust a couple hundred dollar (at most) VESA stand/mount to hold a several thousand dollar iMac Pro that is not rated to hold at least the required weight capacity.
- Answered by Josh A from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
What is the total shipping weight of the item in grams?
- Asked by Karma D from North
- 12 Nov 2019
- Flag as inappropriate What is the total shipping weight of the item in grams?
what is the weight in kg or grams?
- Asked by Teddy D from Haymarket
- 25 Feb 2011
- Flag as inappropriate what is the weight in kg or grams?
No answers yet