Can I also use the cover as if it didn’t have a keyboard?
Is there a position where the iPad screen is exposed, and both front & back covers are folded to the back of the iPad? What happens to the keys — are they exposed?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, you can fold the front half (where the keys are) around to the back. The keys are exposed in that situation --- they will touch whatever the iPad is lying on --- but iOS seems to be smart enough to ignore keypresses when the cover is folded that way. Actually, based on light testing, it seems the keys are not active at all except when the cover is folded exactly as shown for keyboard use.
The main negative I'd mention about it is that the cover is thicker than the iPad itself, and not too lightweight either, so the combination feels pretty unwieldy in comparison to the bare iPad. If you use the keyboard a lot, that's probably fine; you won't be better off size- or weight-wise with a wireless keyboard. But I don't expect to use the keyboard all that much, so I'm wondering if I want to spend additional money on a lighter keyboard-less cover ...
- Answered by Thomas L from Pittsburgh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Are the Smart Keyboard and Smart Cover able to be used simultaneously?
- Asked by James E from Woodburn
- 7 Jun 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the Smart Keyboard and Smart Cover able to be used simultaneously?)
- Asked about: Smart Keyboard for 12.9‑inch iPad P…
Can I use this to charge my iPod Classic 120GB? I didn't see it listed under compatible devices.
- Asked by Diane B from Janesville
- 19 Dec 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to charge my iPod Classic 120GB? I didn't see it listed under compatible devices.)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
I didn't see any ports on the back of a sony flatscreen Can I plug the HDMI into the direct TV box?
- Asked by Jeff H from Murphysboro
- 26 Nov 2017
- Flag as inappropriate (I didn't see any ports on the back of a sony flatscreen Can I plug the HDMI into the direct TV box?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter