Can you charge the AirPod case wirelessly?
I bought the complete new AirPods 2 with charging case and I also bought the round Belkin white wireless charger, I can charge wirelessly my iPhone 8 plus but I cannot charger my new AirPods with or without the AirPods inside (just the case). Is this the case, I can only charge the case with power cable?
2 Answers from the Community
If you quoted the name correctly "AirPods 2 with charging case" then you can only plug it in with the lightning connector, only the "AirPods 2 with wireless charging case" charges by both wireless and wired.
- Answered by Rajesh M from Bangalore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Did you buy the AirPods with Wireless Charging case? You can get AirPods second-generation with either wireless charging case or standard case without wireless charging. You can tell them apart by seeing if the LED indicator is placed on the outside of the case. If it isn’t, you have the standard case, without support for wireless charging, and you would have to purchase the Wireless Charging case separately (you do not have to purchase new AirPods, just a different case). If you do have a wireless charging case, you should contact Apple Support since it might be faulty.
- Answered by Marineta S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use this to wirelessly charge the AirPods with Wireless Charging Case?
- Asked by Ricki M from Caloocan
- 6 Aug 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to wirelessly charge the AirPods with Wireless Charging Case?)
- Asked about: Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock
can you wirelessly charge through it?
- Asked by Stacy E from Nashville
- 13 Sep 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (can you wirelessly charge through it?)
- Asked about: iPhone 11 Pro Leather Case - (PRODU…
Can the charging case be used for older model AirPods
- Asked by Brian G from Kenwick
- 2 Nov 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the charging case be used for older model AirPods)
- Asked about: AirPods Pro