Can I charge my iPhone 5 with this cable attached to the Charger / Adapter of my iPad 3rd Gen.?
The iPad 3rd Generation Charger has two separate parts, one being a USB to 30-pin connector, the other being an AC Plug with a USB port. This AC Plug with a USB port should be connectable to the new lightning to USB Cable and great for charging the iPhone 5.
- Asked by John W from Kettering
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1 m)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes you can. In fact since the iPad charge is 10 watts (2 amp) you iPhone 5 will charge quicker in about 60 to 75% of the time. Every iPhone charger has been 5 watts (1amp).
- Answered by John G from Apple Valley
Yes. You can charge an iPhone 5 with this cable connected to your iPad charger.
- Answered by William I from Portland
This cable plugs into any USB port and will charge your ip5.
- Answered by Nicholas W S from Santa Clara