Does this work with the LG UltraFine 4K display over USB-C?
- Asked by Jeremy F from San Francisco
Product No Longer Available
3 Answers from the Community
You can connect one to the eGPU's Thunderbolt 3 port.
To connect two, you need the following:
1) Two Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion boxes, or one with two or more slots.
2) Two Sunix UPD2018 USB-C host controller cards with DisplayPort alt mode.
3) Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter.
Or use a Thunderbolt 3 dock that has two USB-C ports with DisplayPort alt mode. One example is the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 but I haven't tried it myself.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
Yes. There are two USB-C ports on the eGPU, so you can have one go to your Mac and the other go to the display. The product page advertises compatibility with the UltraFine 5K, so a 4K in the same line will absolutely work.
- Answered by Meredith E from Menlo Park
Yes it does. However, it will limited to 1 as the other USB-C is connector to the Mac.
- Answered by Waikit T from San Francisco