I have a Mac OS X 10.4.11, Processor 2.1 GHz PowerPC G5 can I upgrade to Snow Leopard 10.6? If not what can i do?
- Asked by Jarryd O from Mermaid Waters
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1 Answer from the Community
The furthest you can upgrade is to OS 10.5. Snow Leopard MUST have an Intel processor (which the PowerPC processor is not).
Your choices are:
1) live with your present system (it's perfectly good, unless you need to run more current software.
2) upgrade to OS 10.5 (expensive and hard to find). IMHO: Not worth it for the extra functionality it gives compared to option 3 below.
3) get a newer Mac (brand new or second hand) with at least the minimum requirements for Lion (OS7) in case you want to upgrade further in the future.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve