I want to use my mac book 13 in England and |Ireland, do a need just an adapter plug, or do i need a converter

  • Asked about:  QA Apple MagSafe Power Adapter

1 Answer from the Community

  • Best Answer:

    You will not need to use a converter, your MagSafe Power Adapter that came with your laptop will automatically regulate the 230-240 volt power that is common in the UK and throughout Europe. You will however need an adapter that will allow you to plug in your US three prong grounded plug into the standard UK 2 prong outlet. Always remember to plug the Apple MagSafe Power Adapter into the UK outlet prior to connecting it to your computer. It’s just a "good practice" safe guard against any power spikes before connecting it to your computer. I have lived in Europe, the Middle East and Asia for fir the last 5 years and have never had an issue when using the standard macbook pro power cord with the appropriate plug adapter for that region.