iPhoneX - leaving phone on wireless charger over night ... is it safe for battery life sickle ?

  • Asked by fn
Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Pad

Belkin Boost Up Wireless Charging Pad

Product No Longer Available

1 Answer from the Community

  • Answer

    Once your battery reaches 100%, your wireless charger will cut off. When your battery then drops to 99% overnight, your wireless charger will trickle charge it back to 100% and then cut off again. If you use a decent branded wireless charger such as Belkin, it is totally safe for the life cycle of your phones battery.

    It's advisable to use a low wattage wireless charger (no higher than 5W) if possible as they generate less heat and charge your battery at a slower rate which is good practice. The 2 main things that lower battery life are heat and rapid charging.

    Belkin and Anker manufacture excellent wireless chargers for the iPhone range.

    • Answered by Philip G