Not sure I like the loss of the built-in plug -- that made installation so simple -- but is the plug a single wire or part of a brick system?

  • Asked by fn from Alexander
AirPort Express

AirPort Express

Product No Longer Available

11 Answers from the Community

  • Answer

    You can also buy a small adapter that allows you to plug it directly into a wall. Just like the old days except it doesn't fold down flat.

    The connector that plugs into the Express is called IEC type C7
    The regular wall 2-prong wall plug is called N E M A 1-15

    I can't post a link here, but those search terms should help you find one online for about $5.

    • Answered by Thomas D from San Francisco
  • It uses a Single Wire

    • Answered by Robert M from Sicklerville
  • You must use the wired plug unless there is an aftermarket plug that is narrow enough to allow the lan cable to be plugged into the wan port. Apple's own plugs block the port. Terrible design.

    • Answered by Joseph T from Battle Creek
  • Like the apple tv there is no power brick, just a single wire.

    • Answered by Sean D from Tempe
  • Single wire

    • Answered by Nick T from Bellevue
  • Single Wire... Suspect there will be third party plug units/mounts very soon

    • Answered by Andrew F
  • Single wire

    • Answered by Ryan H
  • Single wire, electric shaver style.

    • Answered by Bernd R from Shau Kei Wan
  • Single wire.

    • Answered by Paul J from London
  • It's a single wire the same as you find in the apple tv

    • Answered by Padraic W
  • Single wire.. Great for using a hotel outlet that is behind a dresser..

    • Answered by Christopher W from Madison