Product Question: How do I find out if my MacBook Pro (circa 2008) OSX 10.5.8 has a Intel Processor?
I am trying to find out whether or not I can buy the Snow Leopard Software and whether it will run on my very capable computer. :) Let me know if you know.
- Asked by Lindsay L from Cornelius
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
2 Answers from the Community
Any 2008 Mac will have an Intel Processor, but for anyone else who isn't sure:
1. Select "About This Mac" from the Apple menu.
2. Look at what it says next to Processor.
If it mentions PowerPC, you can't run Snow Leopard. If it mentions Intel, you're good to go.
- Answered by Robert T from Chatham
A 2008 MacBook Pro will be Intel-based.
To find out, go to the Apple Menu and select "About This Mac".
It is an Intel-based Mac if the word "Intel" appears anywhere in the description for "Processor".
Other requirement to run Snow Leopard is that the Mac has at least 1GB of memory.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve