Can I stream Amazon Prime Instant movies from my IPad to Apple TV for play on my Samsung HDTV?
- Asked by Joseph A from Boston
9 Answers from the Community
You can now with iOS 7. Just tried it now and I am able to stream Amazon Instant Videos from my IPad via Airplay
- Answered by Arijit S from Atlanta
- 09 24, 13
Yes you can. Amazon updated their app recently to support Airplay and HDMI out. You won't get 5.1 audio though over airplay.
- Answered by Michael K from Delran
- 09 29, 13
Yes. Turn on airplay but turn off mirroring! It works
- Answered by Sharri W from Cypress
- 11 4, 13
You cannot use the Amazon Instant Video App with an Apple TV via AirPlay. The Amazon App does not support AirPlay at this time.
- Answered by Aaron V from Greensboro
- 03 7, 13
My workaround : With Mountain Lion upgrade, I run Amazon Prime on my Mac laptop and mirror it to my TV using Airplay.
- Answered by Pauline T from Pacific Grove
- 09 20, 13
Absolutely. I usually stream Amazon Prime instant movies from my iPad or iPhone thru Airplay to my Samsung 52" tv in the living room. It works great! Hopefully one of these days, Apple might add a native app of Amazon just for Apple TV. Good luck!
- Answered by Claude B from Roanoke
- 02 27, 14
For some reason it works with my iPhone via the amazon app but I still can't with my iPad.
- Answered by Scott F from Mechanicville
- 09 23, 13
- Answered by Nataliya Y from Saint-petersburg
- 11 19, 13
NO. I just tried it, and all you get is an error message that says it isn't supported on the app.
- Answered by Donna M from Seattle
- 07 29, 13