What power cable will I need if I move to Australia?

I might be moving to Australia next year, and I'm wondering what i will need to charge my Macbook over there. I am currently living in Canada, and I own a 15" (White) Macbook.

  • Asked about:  QA Apple MagSafe Power Adapter

1 Answer from the Community

  • Best Answer:

    The power adapter that came with your MacBook should be suitable for 100 - 240v AC 50/60 Hz. All that you will need to change is the actual head that sits on the power adapter. In Australia (240v 50Hz), we use two angled pins with a third earth pin (the earth is not required for double insulated appliances like your MacBook power adapter).
    The head for the power adapter for Australia is 603-7715 or for a complete 1.8m power lead with head is 590-5259.