Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can I connect a mac air with an extra monitor as well as ethernet ?
I bought one thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet adapter and one Mini Display Port to DVI adapter. But there is only one thunderbolt on Mac Air. How can I connect an extra monitor as well as Ethernet?
- Asked by Tsz Yu O
- 12 31, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a mac air with an extra monitor as well as ethernet ?)
can i connect a macbook air to two monitors?
- Asked by David N from Rockville
- 08 6, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect a macbook air to two monitors?)
No answers yet
What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini
I have A mac mini and want to buy a IPS monitor. It is said this will work with an appropriate adapter if my mini has "a display port model" or a "dual link dvi port".
I cannot find the specs to tell if my mini has one of these or not. Anyone know how to tell?
It has a NVIDIA Geforce 9400M (UMA) Port?
- Asked by Ron W from Hillsboro
- 12 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of display port is on a late 2009 mac mini)
can I connect my mac mini " late 2012" to an Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27 monitor?
Mac mini "late 2012":
Model Name: Mac mini
Model Identifier: Macmini6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2,6 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MM61.0106.B03
SMC Version (system): 2.8f1
Serial Number (system): C07LV2H1DY3H
Hardware UUID: A473DC4B-EBA1-540E-AD02-006882757BED
i want to use an Eizo 27 inch monitor:Eizo Color Edge CX271W-BK27
Is this possible? Whay connector should I use?
Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?
I have a Dell U2711 with both DVI-D and DisplayPort inputs at 2560x1440. I have been using this DVI-D adaptor for about a month with a new Mac Mini. Works OK except that when the Mac Mini wakes up from sleep, sometimes the monitor has video snow and I have to power cycle it. (Yes, I am running 1.03 firmware).
There is a well-reviewed Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor made by Altaz, on Amazon. Normally I would have bought this in the first place, but I was worried that it was not sold by the Apple Store. It's much cheaper with much better reviews than this product.
So should I try the Altaz adaptor? Is it better to go with Mini Display Port to DisplayPort rather than Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D? Is it a red flag that Apple does not sell a Mini Display Port to Display Port solution, but only the Mini Display Port to DVI-D product?
- Asked by Lewis S from Berkeley
- 09 22, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Better to use this or a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort adaptor?)
How can i add three monitors to my iMac?
My brother gave me two of his monitors and I already have extra monitor that i use with my imac. I dont want to sell the extra 2 monitors i got. How can i connect the extra 2 monitors to my imac?
- Asked by Michael M from Colorado Springs
- 03 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i add three monitors to my iMac?)
No answers yet
Do I need to take up one of my USB ports on my MBP when using this dual link mini-dvi cable?
I just upgraded my MBP to the latest model. It no longer has an input DVI port as the old one did. I also have a MAC 30" monitor. I am not sure if I need to take up one of the 2 USB ports for theDual-Link DVI adapter. I have the mini-dvi port plugged in, but am a bit stumped as if or why I would need to take up one USB ports.
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxx
- 12 6, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to take up one of my USB ports on my MBP when using this dual link mini-dvi cable?)
Will this work on a mac mini with an hdmi port?
Just wondered, as it comes up for an accessory of the mac mini on the Apple Store.
- Asked by Grant W from Watford
- 10 19, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work on a mac mini with an hdmi port?)
No answers yet
can i connect my old Mac Pro with DVi input to new Mac monitor with miniport?
just bought a new Mac Led 27" monitor but found the input is a miniport, my old Mac Pro is a DVI port so is there ant adapter i can buy to connect them?
- Asked by Maria C
- 03 3, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect my old Mac Pro with DVi input to new Mac monitor with miniport?)
Is it possible to link 2 extra monitors to my macbook pro? One monitor is VGA and the other is DVI and I would like to connect them both.
I bought a splitter cable that splits the dvi signal into two outputs -one VGA and one DVI output but only one of the connected monitors pick up the signal when they are both plugged in, the other one says no signal and then goes to sleep.
what cable do I need to connect two 27" moniotrs to a new Mac Pro?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxx
- 01 12, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (what cable do I need to connect two 27" moniotrs to a new Mac Pro?)
Alienware m14x with Alienware m2310 monitor
I have an alienware m14x laptop with a 3d capable video card and a mini display port. Can I use apples mini display port to dual link dvi cable to enable 120hz 3d signal on my alien ware m2310 3d monitor?
- Asked by Michael D from Linden Park
- 06 13, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Alienware m14x with Alienware m2310 monitor)
No answers yet
which HDTV works with 2 yr old mac mini
This version is limited to one display. I have 2GB of RAM in my dual core Mac Mini and want to convert this into my entertainment center. I've been told I'm limited to 30" max and I'm OK with that but I want to know what is the "best" configuration. Thank you very much.
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 11 18, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (which HDTV works with 2 yr old mac mini)