Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will it work with parallels windows virtual machine ?
I am using parallels to run windows as a virtual machine in a macbook air.
using this adapter will it be possible the virtual machine to see it as an ethernet port ?
- Asked by Achillefs P
- 06 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with parallels windows virtual machine ?)
Is it a security risk to connect this to a Thunderbolt equipped hard drive?
If I connect the Mac to a thunderbolt equipped hard drive and then connect the Thunderbolt Ethernet adapter to the hard drive, is it a security risk?
ie. is the hard drive exposed to internet attacks before they reach the Mac?
- Asked by Gregory A
- 11 4, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it a security risk to connect this to a Thunderbolt equipped hard drive?)
Can Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter be downstream connected to any Thunderbolt peripheral so Ethernet is available on connect to Thunderbolt accessory
This would allow a simple dock configuration. Use WiFi while in the field but connect to Thunderbolt Display or peripheral and get direct Ethernet wired connection. This would save the second Thunderbolt port for other hardware connections such as Pro Video edit/control equipment. If such a connection would work with the adapter it would be nice to be able to control it with granularity.
Full gigabit speeds?
I just got CenturyLink Gigabit service, and the fastest speeds I can get ising this adapter is around 650Mbps down/800Mbs up. The CenturyLink installer says it's a limitation of my hardware, and that only fairly new machines will actually get the full 1000Mbs / 1000Mbs speeds.
Mid-2012 MBP Retina, which has no ethernet so I'm using this adapter.
Does anyone know if there are limits in the adapter, older Macs, or...? If I get a new MBP but it turns out it's the adapter that is chocking things, then I won't see any benefit on that front.
- Asked by Allen M from Bellingham
- 05 25, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Full gigabit speeds?)
No answers yet
can and if so how will this work with the 2015 macbook?
im concedering buying a new macbook. i want this to work
- Asked by Ian W
- 02 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (can and if so how will this work with the 2015 macbook?)
Will this adapter work with LAN?
I'm visting Japan next month and have been told to get an adapter for my mac book pro for a LAN connection. Will this adapter work?
- Asked by Jamie K from Brooklyn
- 05 28, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with LAN?)
Can it connect to non internet devices under Boot Camp?
My specific question is: I have a Motorola RFID reader that I connect to a Windows machine to do race timing. It only connects with an ethernet cable. I've read that the USB to Ethernet ONLY connects to the internet and does not communicate exactly like an ethernet port used to.
Will this thunderbolt to Ethernet device be able to connect to hardware that uses this connection, and will it be able to do so in bootcamp running windows 7?
- Asked by Nicholas J from Orlando
- 03 29, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it connect to non internet devices under Boot Camp?)
Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac
I've tried connecting direct from the airport time machine to the ethernet socket on my I Mac. I keep getting, no cable connection? I've also tried direct from the modem to the airport T M, Same result. I'm running out of options and need help
- Asked by Kenneth R
- 11 14, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I set up my airport time capsule direct to my I Mac)
When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...
- Asked by Kevin C from Chatswood
- 06 18, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (When will this adapter work in Bootcamp (windows 7)? If it will...)
Does this adapter work on previous generation thunderbolt macs?
- Asked by Joel A from Virginia
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work on previous generation thunderbolt macs?)
Does the 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' works on iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011)?
Both iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011) come with single gigabit ethernet port.
Is this 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' able to add a secondary gigabit ethernet port/connection?
If so, is it able to create "teamed connection" using the onboard gigabit ethernet port and this 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter'?
- Asked by Anthony C
- 01 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the 'Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter' works on iMac (2014) and Mac Mini (2011)?)
how do i connect to the internet with a thunderbolt ethernet adaptor?
There are lots of more detailed questions about using this adaptor to connect to other computers and to gaming devices. My question is more basic.
My USB ethernet adaptor works fine on my Macbook Air, but I cannot get the thunderbolt adaptor to work. Thanks.
- Asked by William M from Saint Petersburg
- 06 23, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect to the internet with a thunderbolt ethernet adaptor?)
will this work for the new 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display?
Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter work to connect new imac into wall rg 45 outlet?
- Asked by Vincent S from Austin
- 07 23, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work for the new 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display?)