Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?
With the new Mac Mini (2014) no longer having FW, can the FW ports at the back of my 20" Cinema Display (Alu) be powered via this adapter? The display has 2USB2 and 2 FW400 ports at back and would be connected using Apple's HDMI-DVI, the USB cable plugs directly into the Mini's USB3 port but for FW I'd have to use this adapter.
- Asked by Francesco P from Montreal
- 10 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it power the FW ports at back of Cinema Display?)
If you use firewire 400 to 800, and then 800 to thunderbolt, what do you do with the power cord that comes out of the back of the Cinema Display?
Will this let a FW800 HD work under Windows 7 / BootCamp on a MBP Retina?
Has anyone tried to connect one (or more) external hard-drives with FW800 ports through this adapter to a MacBook Pro (Retina) running Windows 7 under BootCamp?
I have quite a load of specific Windows software that does not exist under Mac OS X, and more than a wheelbarrow of files stored on LaCie 1 or 2 TB Quadra hard-drives with FW800 ports.
I'm considering to update my current MBP15 to a new MBP15(Retina) and I need to be sure that it does what I need before I order it: money-back-guarantee isn't an option as my employer sources most of our hardware through a lease contractor.
- Asked by Daniele T from Ferrara
- 08 9, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this let a FW800 HD work under Windows 7 / BootCamp on a MBP Retina?)
Will this allow me to hook up an older Cinema Display to a new iMac?
- Asked by Samantha W from Sherwood Park
- 03 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this allow me to hook up an older Cinema Display to a new iMac?)
Thunderbolt adapter to 800 firewire which has a 400 firewire adapter attached to 400 firewire external drive. Can I mount the 400 fw external drive?
Is the Thunderbolt port two-way in receiving as well as sending data? I have a new IMac with 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) and want to know if the Thunderbolt port is capable of mounting external drives?
do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?
I have a question concerning the use of multiple thunderbolt to firewire adapters. If I plug two of these into an iMac, and then a drive to each adapter, would those devices present themselves to the computer as being on two different firewire busses, or one unified firewire bus?
Some people on here have commented on how they have multiple drives daisy-chained to one adapter, that is not what I am asking about, as in that kind of situation you can easily saturate a single firewire buss.
My purpose here is to use Universal Audio's Satellite UAD product (firewire) in addition to a firewire audio interface. the Satellite prefers to be the sole device on a FW chain for best performance, so what I would like to do is use one adapter for a satellite, and one for a firewire audio interface, and have the two operate independently on their own busses.
Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone tried it?
- Asked by Henry R from Chandler
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (do multiple TB-FW adapters create multiple FW busses?)
I have a FW 400 device that I would love to use with my MacBook Air. Does anyone know if a FW 800 to FW 400 adapter will work with this adapter?
- Asked by Robert T from Long Beach
- 08 1, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a FW 400 device that I would love to use with my MacBook Air. Does anyone know if a FW 800 to FW 400 adapter will work with this adapter?)
Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?
Majority of medium format camera digital backs equip with Firewire connectivity instead of USB 3.0, is this adapter capable to be used to connect and power a digital bak of that kind, so as the image transfer? For brand like Phase One, Leaf or Hasselbald?
- Asked by Robin C from New York
- 08 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this enough to power a Digital Camera Back like PhaseOne or Hasselbald?)
I want to connect a FW 800 Drobo to Thunderbolt 2. Will this work?
- Asked by Laurence H from Ottawa
- 10 18, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to connect a FW 800 Drobo to Thunderbolt 2. Will this work?)
Can I use the Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter to daisy chain a FW 800 External HD to a Thunderbolt External HD?
I have a G-Tech Thunderbolt External HD which is connected via Thunderbolt to my iMac. Can I use an Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter to daisy chain from my G-Tech to a WD external FW 800 HD?
- Asked by Robert P from San Anselmo
- 09 10, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter to daisy chain a FW 800 External HD to a Thunderbolt External HD?)
thunderbolt to firewire400 adapter?
Hi, I've got a TimeMachine with FW400 connection and want to buy a new MacBook Pro that only has Thunderbolt. I've searched for a Thunderbolt to FW400 adapter, but only find one that says it's for Thunderbolt to FW800. Is there an adapter for TB to FW400? Or am I going to have to daisy chain (FW400 to FW800, then FW800 to Thunderbolt)? Thanks!
- Asked by Stacey K from West Bloomfield
- 08 4, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (thunderbolt to firewire400 adapter?)
can I listen to audio out of the thunderbolt port?
I only have lightening style headphone (no bluetooth time/wireless, can I use the firewire / lightening adapter to listen to music through my lightening earphones. is there any combonation of cables that will allow me to use lightening cabled earphones to listen to music on my mac book pro build 2016?
- Asked by Janice L from Lacey
- 02 12, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (can I listen to audio out of the thunderbolt port?)
Enough to Power my Audio sound card?
I am so excited with this release and I am not at home to check the power consumption of my sound card!
Would it be able to power my:
M-Audio 1814 FireWire sound card???
- Asked by John M
- 08 1, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Enough to Power my Audio sound card?)
imac mid 2010 and Thunderbolt port
Ciao to all.
I bought it and it works great with my MacBookPro17; but IF I plug into mi iMac27" Mid 2010, it is not recognized.
Someone can confirm me it's not possible to use it on my iMac mid 2010?
- Asked by Roberto B from Reggio Emilia
- 10 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (imac mid 2010 and Thunderbolt port)
does a macbook pro 2010 have a firewire or thunderbolt port
- Asked by Lynda B from Urbandale
- 01 27, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (does a macbook pro 2010 have a firewire or thunderbolt port)