Similar questions from the community
Will the USB SuperDrive work with when hooked up to a USB hub?
I have many usb items that I need to use with my MacBook Air, so is it possible to use the SuperDrive while plugged into a hub or does it have to be connected directly to the MacBook?
- Asked by Peter P from West Seneca
- 08 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the USB SuperDrive work with when hooked up to a USB hub?)
can the usb superdrive be hooked up to a normal TV?
I have a dvd drive in my macbook pro that works just fine, but i like to multitask on my down time. so can the USB SuperDrive be hooked up to a normal TV that way i can watch a movie and still be able to use my mac for other things? If not, is there a way to work around that by hooking it up to a secondary unit that routs into the TV?
- Asked by Rebecca F from Falcon
- 03 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can the usb superdrive be hooked up to a normal TV?)
Looking for a 4 port USB hub that will work with the Apple USB SuperDrive.
I bought a 4port USB hub on Amazon. It was compatible with my mouse bluetooth plug. However, whenever I tried to plug the USB SuperDrive (to watch a DVD) it would not recognize it.
I don't want to keep playing hit or miss. Could you please recommend a verified make/brand of 4 port USB that is FULLY compatible with the USB SuperDrive.
- Asked by Iheoma O from West Hollywood
- 03 31, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Looking for a 4 port USB hub that will work with the Apple USB SuperDrive.)
Will this work with a USB hub?
- Asked by Connor N from Portola Valley
- 03 13, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a USB hub?)
how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac
Just got the new 27 inch iMac and purchased SuperDrive. Nothing happens when I plug in USB to Mac. What am I doing wrong?
- Asked by Mary B from Akron
- 07 28, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hook up SuperDrive to iMac)
Want to create a wireless network, therefore, I would like to somehow plug the superdrive to a usb hub that can be reached wirelessly. Can it be done?
My thing is to create a wireless network where I can plug all the devices such as printer, superdrive, external hard drive to a hub that can be accessed wirelessly....so far I know that my printer can be thru the Airport express, however, I dont know if it can be done with the superdrive and the ext Hard drive. It would be so cool and super easy if this can be done so I can just roam around my house with my Macbook air, sit and work on my mac mini and just lets say play a movie thru mirroring on apple TV by wirelessly using the superdrive instead of having to plug it to the macs...am I too far advenced for this technology or is this just wishful thinking....???
Will overwatch work on usb superdrive?
- Asked by Edward L from Palo Alto
- 06 27, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will overwatch work on usb superdrive?)
No answers yet
2009 iMac and USB superdrive?
The internal superdrive in my 24-inch, Early 2009 iMac w/2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor has stopped working reliably (and most times, has stopped working at all). Was hoping that adding this external USB superdrive would keep my system limping along, however looking at the system requirements seems to have dashed my dreams of being able to continue to use my iMac in the manner for which it was purchased. Would like to know if I am out of luck here, or is there an alternative?
- Asked by Joseph W from Lynn
- 11 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (2009 iMac and USB superdrive?)
will usb superdrive work with osx mavericks?
usb superdrive and osx mavericks
- Asked by Ian R from Sydney
- 11 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will usb superdrive work with osx mavericks?)
No answers yet
Does USB SuperDrive work seamlessly with iDVD?
I have the original mac mini with standard drive. Will the USB SuperDrive allow me to burn iDVD projects to DVD's?
- Asked by Brendan O
- 09 18, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does USB SuperDrive work seamlessly with iDVD?)
Will USB SuperDrive work with standard MacBookPro
- Asked by David P from Sun City West
- 01 23, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will USB SuperDrive work with standard MacBookPro)
Is there a difference between the old and the new? Will the old one still work on new machines and will the new one work on older Airs and Minis.
Apple USB SuperDrive
can the usb superdrive be used as a backup for the computer?
I want to make a backup of everything on my computer. Do I need to purchase something else or will the USB Superdrive work? If not, is it just for watching dvd's, listening to cd's and backing up individual files?
- Asked by Linda G from Tulsa
- 03 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can the usb superdrive be used as a backup for the computer?)
Will this drive work with the new MacBook with its single USB-C connector?
The new MacBook has a single USB-C connector. It will be possible to connect USB devices to it with an adapter, but will the SuperDrive work through one of these adapters? It currently only works when connected directly to a USB port on the computer (i.e., not through a hub, for example), and there is nothing aside from a USB-C port on the new MacBook.
- Asked by Michael G from Campbell
- 03 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this drive work with the new MacBook with its single USB-C connector?)
will the apple USB Superdrive work with the new ipad
So, if you have a female USB port that attaches to the iPAD, the USB Superdrive would work with the iPAD, yes? It looks like that's the only reason it doesn't work w/ iPad. I have such a cable.
- Asked by Rebecca M from Decatur
- 07 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will the apple USB Superdrive work with the new ipad)
Does the Apple USB SuperDrive work with an original (2010) MacBook?
- Asked by Richard D from Langhorne
- 09 16, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Apple USB SuperDrive work with an original (2010) MacBook?)
Does the Apple USB SuperDrive work with a Mac Book Pro?
- Asked by James W. H from Dorchester
- 06 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Apple USB SuperDrive work with a Mac Book Pro?)