Similar questions from the community
does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?
- Asked by Geoffrey P from Boonville
- 16 Mar 2017
- Flag as inappropriate does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?
Will the superdrive work with a 7th generation iPad with a USB-A to USB-C adapter?
According to numerous articles the new iPadOS supports file transfer and external drives such that drives which work with a newer USB-C equipped Macbook will also work with the new iPads. I understand the need to use an adapter and I already have one for my Macbook Pro, which is just an adapter, not a powered hub. I would like to know if I can use the superdrive directly with my iPad (with the adapter of course)?
- Asked by Bethanne L from Grapevine
- 28 Jan 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Will the superdrive work with a 7th generation iPad with a USB-A to USB-C adapter?
will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina
- Asked by Stephen Y from Ipswich
- 29 Oct 2012
- Flag as inappropriate will the superdrive work with windows on Macbook pro 13' with Retina
does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air
I have a new MacBook Air I bought in December 2018. I also purchased a SuperDrive and a USB adapter that accepts power. How do I get the drive to work? I plugged the adapter into the the USB-C, the power cord into the adapter, and the Super Drive into the adapter. What am I missing?
- Asked by Christopher D V from Crosby
- 13 Mar 2019
- Flag as inappropriate does the apple usb super drive work with the 2018 macbook air
Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina
I am about to purchase a macbook pro and am wondering about creating CD's and DVD's. I know that I need an external superdrive with the retina display. Is this all I need to be able to create and burn a DVD or a CD as I will have to do this as part of my job. Thanks!
- Asked by Renee W from Ormeau Hills
- 18 Aug 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina
No answers yet
Does the USB SuperDrive support Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading?
I am considering the purchase of a USB SuperDrive for use with my MacBook Air, primarily for high-quality ripping of audio CDs but before splashing out, I need to know if it supports Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading. These features are pre-requisites for Secure Ripping of audio CDs.
- Asked by David C from Southampton
- 26 Jun 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Does the USB SuperDrive support Accurate Stream, C2 Error Flags and Over-reading?
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- 15 Oct 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
For new 2018 Mac Mini, what CD/DVD drive will work with the USB-C connector?
I am dead in the water because cannot reload Adobe software from original disks. Have run across many caveats regarding 2011 Mac Mini vs new one (OS maybe), so need to be certain what peripheral reader will work. Please help!
- Asked by Joan S from Meta
- 27 Nov 2018
- Flag as inappropriate For new 2018 Mac Mini, what CD/DVD drive will work with the USB-C connector?
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year. Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac. I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive? Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- 11 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?
It'd be nice on my desk to have the Super Drive with my Late 2014 Mac Pro (cylinder tower) sitting on top of it as A) It looks good and B) it saves room considering the Super Drive has such a short cable (I know I could use an extension but then my desk is messier and the drive is further from the computer. I just worry if the Super Drive has had any weight tests done on it. It's a good build with the nice metal case.
- Asked by Daniel W
- 9 Jun 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Is it safe to have the SuperDrive under a 2014 Mac Pro desktop?
So is this new Superdrive USB 3.0 or 2.0 then? Would like to hope it was 3.0 to match the new specs of the Macbook Pro & Macbook Air?
- Asked by Daniel O from Marlow
- 13 Jun 2012
- Flag as inappropriate So is this new Superdrive USB 3.0 or 2.0 then? Would like to hope it was 3.0 to match the new specs of the Macbook Pro & Macbook Air?
Can the USB SuperDrive connect to an iPad air 2?
I want to play DVDs on my iPad air 2. So does this one play them, if not what does?
- Asked by Kiara B from Lake Cathie
- 23 Jan 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Can the USB SuperDrive connect to an iPad air 2?
No answers yet
What is the power draw of the SuperDrive? Will a .5 amp hub socket provide enough power?
Am considering a USB-C hub for the iMac Pro which (hub) provides ,5 amps at its USB sockets. I know that is enough to charge an iPhone, but is it enough to operate a SuperDrive? Wouldn't this be the same power if I used a USB-C to USB dongle which Apple sells?
- Asked by John D from Shelburne
- 10 Jan 2019
- Flag as inappropriate What is the power draw of the SuperDrive? Will a .5 amp hub socket provide enough power?
Does the Apple USB Superdrive play/read HD-DVDs?
- Asked by Yann P from Brooklyn
- 14 Jun 2020
- Flag as inappropriate Does the Apple USB Superdrive play/read HD-DVDs?
No answers yet
How to install on my new Mac
My USB Superdrive will not load any programe or music disk
- Asked by Brendan K from Lyonville
- 22 Mar 2015
- Flag as inappropriate How to install on my new Mac
No answers yet
will this product allow me to download my lexicon alpha audio interface plugins from my disk on MacBook pro with retina 15".
I recently purchased a MacBook pro with retina display 15" and a bunch of recording equipment to record my music. Then when i tried setting up my lexicon alpha audio interface it required me to insert a disk to get the plugins for it to work on logic pro x. To which then i found this Mac that it doesn't have a disk drive (my bad for not doing my research i know :( ) so i guess what I'm asking will this apple usb superdrive allow me to download the plugins required recognise my audio interface on logic ?
Can you use 2 x USB Superdrives simultaneously?
for example burn a CD on itunes using one and burn a DVD at the same time with toast using the other.... Or even better do apple have plans on bringing out a multi-disc burner?
- Asked by Nathan L
- 21 Aug 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Can you use 2 x USB Superdrives simultaneously?
No answers yet