Similar questions from the community
How do you safely disconnect the USB MacBook Air SuperDrive from MacBook Pro? Normally you dismount (eject) before disconnecting an external device.
MacBook Air SuperDrive is model # A1379 and will be connected to MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running Yosemite V10.10.5. DVD has been ejected and removed from the SuperDrive. Normally you would eject an external device (iPod etc) before you would remove the connecting USB cord. Is the eject not required as the SuperDrive itself doesn't have any internal information/data on it? Also, is it normal for the SuperDive not to show up in the Finder sidebar?
Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?
I bought a SuperDrive in 2008 for my Macbook Air (first generation) and still use it. I just bought a MacBook Pro with Retina display and I am having trouble using the SuperDrive on my new computer. It said something like "SuperDrive not compatible with computer." However, when I look at this SuperDrive, it says it should be compatible. Because I have an older SuperDrive, will it no longer be compatible with my new computer?
- Asked by Gianna Z from Arroyo Grande
- 11 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?)
Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina
I am about to purchase a macbook pro and am wondering about creating CD's and DVD's. I know that I need an external superdrive with the retina display. Is this all I need to be able to create and burn a DVD or a CD as I will have to do this as part of my job.
- Asked by Renee W from Ormeau Hills
- 08 18, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina)
Does the 13 in MacBook Pro with retina display have a DVD drive
- Asked by Kiran G from Fresno
- 08 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the 13 in MacBook Pro with retina display have a DVD drive)
will a usb superdrive connected to a Macbook air play a dvd on an apple tv
MacBook Air 2012 OSX 10.9
- Asked by Dale R from Ashland
- 11 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will a usb superdrive connected to a Macbook air play a dvd on an apple tv)
is pc mp3 dvd compatible with apple superdrive
I have a MacBook Pro with an Apple USB Superdrive. is PC MP3 DVD Rom compatible with this. I put the disc in the drive and the drive was not recognized. I had to go to "Terminal" "dtutil eject" to get the disc out. I have about $600.00 worth of these discs I would like to use on my MacBook Pro. What can I do?
- Asked by Richard E from Post Falls
- 02 12, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (is pc mp3 dvd compatible with apple superdrive)
No answers yet
Will this drive work with the new MacBook with its single USB-C connector?
The new MacBook has a single USB-C connector. It will be possible to connect USB devices to it with an adapter, but will the SuperDrive work through one of these adapters? It currently only works when connected directly to a USB port on the computer (i.e., not through a hub, for example), and there is nothing aside from a USB-C port on the new MacBook.
- Asked by Michael G from Campbell
- 03 18, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this drive work with the new MacBook with its single USB-C connector?)
Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8
I am planning on getting one of the new iMac's early next year.
Now, the new iMac's do not have an optical drive (like the Macbook Air, Macbook Pro Retina Display). I'm planning on getting the Apple Superdrive and also I'm going to be purchasing Windows 7 and Parallels Desktop 8 to install on my iMac.
I know it isn't possible to try it with the new iMac's yet, but I was wondering if anyone has tried or knows if its possible to use the Apple Superdrive with the Macbook Air Macbook Pro Retina Display when running Windows 7 through Parallels Desktop 8, basically does the Apple Superdrive show up in Windows 7 and are you able to read, burn CD's, DVD's in Windows 7 with the Apple Superdrive?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by David T
- 11 11, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Superdrive question With Parallels Desktop 8)
how do I start a dvd disc in superdrive
Connected superdrive to Imac desktop,now what do I do to play a dvd.
- Asked by Reginald D from Leeming
- 10 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I start a dvd disc in superdrive)
No answers yet
Is there a specific cd or dvd format I need to burn from this device?
- Asked by Amelia S from Knoxville
- 08 6, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a specific cd or dvd format I need to burn from this device?)
Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my new MacBook Pro 15" Retina or can I use USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought in 2012 from Apple store
Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my newly bought MacBook Pro 15 inch Retina, or can I use the USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought from Apple Store earlier this year?
- Asked by Michael H from Henderson
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my new MacBook Pro 15" Retina or can I use USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought in 2012 from Apple store)
I have a 17" MacBook Pro from 2008. The built-in DVD/CD player now works only erratically. Will the USB Superdrive work as an external accessory?
- Asked by John K from Arroyo Seco
- 10 24, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 17" MacBook Pro from 2008. The built-in DVD/CD player now works only erratically. Will the USB Superdrive work as an external accessory?)
Can the super drive be used to rip DVDs with family videos
I have DVDs with family videos on it and I also have a DVD ripping software. Can I use the SuperDrive in order to covert the videos to my MacBook Pro with Retina Display?
- Asked by Nicolas S from Mount Vernon
- 07 14, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the super drive be used to rip DVDs with family videos)
Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina
Hi , on my old laptop I could insert a DVD into my reader/writer drive and import DVDs to my iTunes , so when I bought my new MacBook Pro , and went into iTunes I was surprised to see only the tunes I had purchased from the store , not the ones I imported from my own cd collection . So basically my question is if I buy the SuperDrive can I import my CDs to my iTunes account as I have a lot of CDs and I'm not purchasing again from iTunes , when I have the physical cd here , I will buy songs from iTunes I don't already own , but I want to know if I can add them to my iTunes account on my MacBook , not listen to them through the SuperDrive , I know I can do that , but can I import them permanently onto my MacBook , many thanks for replies in advance , john , new to all things apple lol
- Asked by John D
- 10 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I download DVDs from SuperDrive to iTunes on my MacBook Pro with retina)
Can the Apple USB Super Drive be used as a boot device for a Mac Book Pro 13" retina mid-2014?
I was told the MBP supports - and Apple does allow - dual booting and, dual booting [to Linux at least] will not void the warranty. I'd like to dual boot the Mac to various Linux distros. To do this I'd need to boot (at least once) from an external device to install the Linux OS onto its own partition. Will the SuperDrive support booting of a Linux DVD?
- Asked by Ricardo M from Lakewood
- 11 29, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Apple USB Super Drive be used as a boot device for a Mac Book Pro 13" retina mid-2014?)