Similar questions from the community
Will this work with the new 2016 Macbook Pro with touch bar?
I assume the SuperDrive connects with the old-style USB, which the new computers don't have. Could an adapter be used that would allow the drive to function properly with the new Macbook Pro?
- Asked by Andrew H from Washington
- 11 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the new 2016 Macbook Pro with touch bar?)
macbook external optical drive
Is this superdrive compatible with Macbook (early 2009)?
- Asked by Lalith S from Raleigh
- 01 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook external optical drive)
Is it compatible with a pc?
- Asked by Louis B from Orlando
- 11 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with a pc?)
Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?
I bought a SuperDrive in 2008 for my Macbook Air (first generation) and still use it. I just bought a MacBook Pro with Retina display and I am having trouble using the SuperDrive on my new computer. It said something like "SuperDrive not compatible with computer." However, when I look at this SuperDrive, it says it should be compatible. Because I have an older SuperDrive, will it no longer be compatible with my new computer?
- Asked by Gianna Z from Arroyo Grande
- 11 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to use my 2008 SuperDrive on my Macbook Pro?)
does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?
- Asked by Geoffrey P from Boonville
- 03 16, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (does the new version of the Superdrive have a USB-C connector to plug directly into late 2016 Macbook Pro Retina with touchbar?)
Is new SuperDrive compatible with MacBook Pro 2012 (not rettina)?
- Asked by Andrew W from Atlanta
- 05 27, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is new SuperDrive compatible with MacBook Pro 2012 (not rettina)?)
Is the superdrive only compatible with the three macs listed under the system requirements
i.e. does it work with other older macbook pros
- Asked by Kenneth T from San Diego
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the superdrive only compatible with the three macs listed under the system requirements)
how do i install usb superdrive on macbook air
- Asked by Scotty S from Carthage
- 02 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i install usb superdrive on macbook air)
No answers yet
is pc mp3 dvd compatible with apple superdrive
I have a MacBook Pro with an Apple USB Superdrive. is PC MP3 DVD Rom compatible with this. I put the disc in the drive and the drive was not recognized. I had to go to "Terminal" "dtutil eject" to get the disc out. I have about $600.00 worth of these discs I would like to use on my MacBook Pro. What can I do?
- Asked by Richard E from Post Falls
- 02 12, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (is pc mp3 dvd compatible with apple superdrive)
No answers yet
Compatible with all recent Macs?
Is this compatible with all recent Macs, or is it like earlier USB SuperDrives in that it is modded to only work with Macs that don't have an optical drive (MacBook Air, Mac mini Server, and now, the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display)?
- Asked by Jackson H from Avon
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatible with all recent Macs?)
Does it work with USB C and adapters?
Has anyone used this SuperDrive with one of the MacBooks that only has USB C ? I have all the cables to convert this back to USB A, but not sure if someone had any insight with the new MacBooks. I am currently using a 2016 MacBook Pro (Touchbar)
- Asked by Baramy V from Amarillo
- 02 5, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with USB C and adapters?)
No answers yet
Is the usb superdrive compatible with a MacBook Pro 2007 ? My MBP has what appears to be infamous issues with reading DVDs
I have a MBP 3.1 (late 2007) and have had issues for the past year with reading DVDs. On researching this I am not alone, and it is not a cleaning issue and I ave ret the PRAM and SMC already !
I was going to bring it in for repair or follow some of the suggestions that are out there, which range from turning the machine on its left side to loosening the mounting brackets and of course replacing it. All come with mixed success.
My strategy in my head would be to buy a USB SuperDrive to use until I buy a new MBP. That way it can be used for my next device in a year or so instead of investing time and money to get this one fixed when I use DVDs rarely but it is annoying when I try to watch or burn them.
- Asked by Erik D from Rye Brook
- 01 31, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the usb superdrive compatible with a MacBook Pro 2007 ? My MBP has what appears to be infamous issues with reading DVDs)