Similar questions from the community
Is there a specific cd or dvd format I need to burn from this device?
- Asked by Amelia S from Knoxville
- 08 6, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a specific cd or dvd format I need to burn from this device?)
I have a CD with information and requires a code. Can this be used?
Have a Macbook Air. For our business we were sent a CD to view and we will need to type in a code in order to view it. Will the USB Super Drive work for us?
- Asked by Janine B from Fayetteville
- 06 2, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a CD with information and requires a code. Can this be used?)
Is the superdrive only compatible with the three macs listed under the system requirements
i.e. does it work with other older macbook pros
- Asked by Kenneth T from San Diego
- 06 12, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the superdrive only compatible with the three macs listed under the system requirements)
what region of DVDs can I play on this external drive? Is there a specific one? or can we set up once we put in a whatever region DVD?
What is the power draw of the SuperDrive? Will a .5 amp hub socket provide enough power?
Am considering a USB-C hub for the iMac Pro which (hub) provides ,5 amps at its USB sockets. I know that is enough to charge an iPhone, but is it enough to operate a SuperDrive? Wouldn't this be the same power if I used a USB-C to USB dongle which Apple sells?
- Asked by John D from Shelburne
- 01 10, 19
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the power draw of the SuperDrive? Will a .5 amp hub socket provide enough power?)
can this be used with the black macbook?
I no it says the system requirments but I am just wondering if anyone has had any luck
- Asked by Aaron G from Philadelphia
- 11 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be used with the black macbook?)
Is the Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express HD Dock supposed to be able to power the SuperDrive?
I am getting a "Device needs power" message when I try. The Belkin hub is supposed to have 10watts of power available. I only have a keyboard attached to the other USB ports.
- Asked by Mason M from East Olympia
- 07 7, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Belkin Thunderbolt 2 Express HD Dock supposed to be able to power the SuperDrive?)
Does this product read all types of DVDs/CDs
I would like to know whether or not this product is capable of playing DVDs/CDs bought from all over the world, or is it limited to a specific type of disc?
- Asked by Frederikke T
- 03 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this product read all types of DVDs/CDs)
No answers yet
Can I use this (or other external USB powered dvd drives) to boot my late 2012 27" iMac from a system disc such as DiskWarrier?
I tried yesterday, but after waiting a very long time, I gave up. I wasn't sure when the USB power would kick in to allow the booting to take place from the external player.
thanks for your help.
- Asked by Hank K from Montgomery
- 03 14, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this (or other external USB powered dvd drives) to boot my late 2012 27" iMac from a system disc such as DiskWarrier?)
Will this work with the upcoming iMac?
The new iMac that's due out in the coming months does not have an optical drive and I was just wondering if anyone knows whether this drive is the solution for those of us who still require CD/DVD burning ability. Cheers.
- Asked by Danial C from Maudsland
- 10 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with the upcoming iMac?)
will this product allow me to download my lexicon alpha audio interface plugins from my disk on MacBook pro with retina 15".
I recently purchased a MacBook pro with retina display 15" and a bunch of recording equipment to record my music. Then when i tried setting up my lexicon alpha audio interface it required me to insert a disk to get the plugins for it to work on logic pro x. To which then i found this Mac that it doesn't have a disk drive (my bad for not doing my research i know :( ) so i guess what I'm asking will this apple usb superdrive allow me to download the plugins required recognise my audio interface on logic ?
i've a macbook pro. SSD has replaced the optical drive and mac seems to have forgotten its old hardware. could the mac work with an external now....?
15.4 inch. 2.66 GHZ.-dual core, 8GB STORAGE, 740 GB memory (now), works great. but no one seems to have asked this question specifically...therefore i welcome whomever might solve my little mystery, thanx..
Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with Windows 7 installed via Boot Camp?
I plan to purchase the 2012 27" iMac which has no optical drive. I have Windows 7 on DVD and wish to Bootcamp a partition of Macintosh HD.
Once I start up my new iMac in Windows 7, will this optical drive work for it or will I have to purchase a PC USB CD/DVD drive?
The requirements state that you need a mac, but not OS X. Thanks.
- Asked by Michael O from Oxnard
- 11 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Apple USB SuperDrive work with Windows 7 installed via Boot Camp?)
2009 iMac and USB superdrive?
The internal superdrive in my 24-inch, Early 2009 iMac w/2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor has stopped working reliably (and most times, has stopped working at all). Was hoping that adding this external USB superdrive would keep my system limping along, however looking at the system requirements seems to have dashed my dreams of being able to continue to use my iMac in the manner for which it was purchased. Would like to know if I am out of luck here, or is there an alternative?
- Asked by Joseph W from Lynn
- 11 25, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (2009 iMac and USB superdrive?)