Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will this work with USB type B DAC connection?
My home DAC unit has a USB type B connection. Will this cable work to bypass the iPhone DAC? The additional cable to complete the connection would be a male usb A to male usb B.
Someone commented that this only works with a DAC that accepts UPS type A. Not sure why this would be the case.
- Asked by Michael C from Fairfax
- 05 30, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with USB type B DAC connection?)
Will Lightning to USB Camera Adaptor work with my Sony Cyber Camera with Memory Stick Duo Cards. Ipad that I have is a Generation 4 with retina
Want to transfer pictures from my Sony Cyber Camera with Memory Stick Duo Cards.
My camera is Digital and has a USB cable and battery is charged out of the camera on a charging block or piece. Then is put in a wall socket. I want to transfer them to a Generation 4 Ipad.
Is there anyway to charge and use this simultaneously? (I was thinking of using this as usb audio in)
The old 30 pin kit allowed you to use it as an input for usb audio interfaces. I thinking of trying this with this new one. Only question is, would there be any way to charge the ipad while doing this?
- Asked by David "peachey" M
- 10 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there anyway to charge and use this simultaneously? (I was thinking of using this as usb audio in))
Can you use the ipad to read Thumb drives using the Lightning to USB cable?
I have several trailcams that use thumb drives. Can I use the Lightning to USB cable to take into the woods and download the photes from the thumb drives to the Ipad generation 4?
- Asked by Leonard O from Chatham
- 01 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the ipad to read Thumb drives using the Lightning to USB cable?)
Can i connect a usb flsh memory to ipad mini 4 with this cable
When i connect any usb flash memory , it tells me that The connected device require too much power although it's a simple mass storage flash memory
- Asked by Karim N from Cairo
- 12 31, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect a usb flsh memory to ipad mini 4 with this cable)
I have a mini portable DVD player that has USB cable. What cable or adapter do I need to plug it in so I can watch DVD's thru my iPad 3 mini?
Can I connect iPhone 5s/PianoDiary to MAC/Sibelius First to import & export MIDI data via the Apple Camera connection kit ?
I use Yamaha PianoDiary app (on iPhone 5s) to RECORD midi from an external piano
ie. (iPhone 5S --> Apple Camera connection kit --> Roland UM-One to midi plugs (In and Out) --> External Piano.)
The PianoDiary app also allows me to PLAYBACK to the piano.
Alas, the MIDI is stored within a PianoDiary SQLite database and not as a midi file. So, no easy way to export and import.
Unable to get the PianoDiary app WiFi or Bluetooth working with a MAC so now I explore hard wiring from iPhone 5s to a MAC.
Could I treat the iPhone 5s/Pianodiary app as a MIDI instrument
i.e. (iPhone 5s/Pianodiary --> Apple Camera connection kit --> TypeA(Male) to TypeB(Female) adapter --> Regular USB cable --> Mac/Sibelius First.)
I could then press PLAY on the iPhone 5S and RECORD on the MAC to export from the iPhone and vice versa to import.
Is there any good reason why this hardwire approach wouldn't work using the Apple Camera connection kit ?
Is there a better way to do this connection via cable ? (I have given up on WiFi and Bluetooth)
Can I use an USB thumb drive to store files (like Word or Excel files) then, with the cable, read and access these files on my iPad?
Can the lighting power input be used to power USB devices and passive hub?
I can not figure out the full function of the ligning power input on the camera adaptor?
In description the port is used to power the phone/Ipad.
But I figured out that I can use a midi keyborad or an audio interface with the adaptor. It only works if I use a power source connected to the lightning port (Ipad charger). It seems like the power adaptor also power the slave device (MIDI or audio interface etc.).
Does it mean that I can power a usb hub through the lightning port on the camera adaptor or do the lightning port only charge the iphone/Ipad?
- Asked by Keld V
- 01 30, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the lighting power input be used to power USB devices and passive hub?)
lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility
At the Apple store in Bridgewater, NJ today, I asked what I needed to connect my Canon 30D to my iPhone 5S and my iPad Air. I was told and sold a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter.
When I got home, I plugged the camera and phone together. The phone reads Cannot Use Device: Canon Digital Camera: The connected device is not supported.
The connection with the iPad Air works.
Both iPhone 5S and iPad Air have latest iOS.
Any way to make this work for the 5S or should I return the cable?
- Asked by Joseph A from Long Valley
- 08 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (lightning USB camera adapter iphone 5S compatibility)
can you use usb memory stick with this product
i want to get work on to my ipad by USB memory stick and work on my ipad on to the memory stick off pages, can i use this product to do this if not is there any other products for this
- Asked by James W
- 12 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use usb memory stick with this product)
Can I use it with my AT2020 USB microphone in the iPad?
- Asked by Edgar Fabian E from Puebla
- 09 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it with my AT2020 USB microphone in the iPad?)
Can USB Adapter work with a USB Super Drive and play videos on the IPad
- Asked by Richard V from San Rafael
- 10 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can USB Adapter work with a USB Super Drive and play videos on the IPad)
Can it work with a barcode scanner with a USB?
I have a cloud based merchant operating system for my outdoor gear store and need to be able to connect a handheld scanner to my iPad (4th Gen). The Lightning adaptor to USB would have to be a female to accept the USB scanner.
- Asked by Charlie N from Kanab
- 11 14, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it work with a barcode scanner with a USB?)
No answers yet
Could you use this cable to tether another device?
I have several iOS devices and was wondering if this could be used to tether another iOS device. I have Verizon so my iPhone 5 and iPad allow tethering, just wondering if would work that way???
- Asked by Andrew D from Monterey Park
- 11 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Could you use this cable to tether another device?)
Can I connect this to an iPad and connect a wireless keyboard to the usb port?
- Asked by Sondré S from Quezon City
- 04 4, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect this to an iPad and connect a wireless keyboard to the usb port?)