Similar questions from the community
Does it work when the Lightning Digital AV Adapter is taken as the input to a HDMI Switch which output the HDMI signal to a digital TV?
I connect my iPhone/iPad to this Lightning DIgital AV Adapter, and then bring it to a HDMI Switch. Using the Switch to pick this iPhone/iPad signal to a digital TV. The image shows distorted colours - e.g. original black colour becomes pink, and similar for other colours. The audio does not have any problem. The same HDMI Switch picks other HDMI signal inputs without any issue. Is this Lightning DIgital AV Adapter deliberately distort the colours if it goes through a Switch?
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?
Just wondering if you know whether this works? I would like to buy a Lightning Digital AV adapter to use with HDMI projectors and devices but since sometimes all a client has is a VGA connector I would like to use a standard HDMI to VGA converter. That would be a lot cheaper than also buying a Lightning to VGA adapter since both are $49.
- Asked by Robert P from Fishers
- 01 29, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?)
Lightning Digital AV adaptor - hdmi to usb converter for digital audio to DAC does it work?
Can the lightning digital AV adaptor be used to extract digital sound from the Ipod 5? I would like to play back through my DAC and Integrated amplifier. Input to the DAC is USB B. So can I use a HDMI to USB converter to play digital music out from the Ipod 5? Using the lighning to 30pin adaptor does not work.
- Asked by Jeff S from Clarington
- 01 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV adaptor - hdmi to usb converter for digital audio to DAC does it work?)
Can I watch virgin media tv app or sky sports app on my television using my lightning digital AV adaptor
When i try to use it it just comes up with error message or unfortunately we are not allowed to stream video via video out or via screen mirroring.
It has also came up with due to licensing restrictions this output isn’t supported
Can somebody please help me overcome this problem if possible
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- 01 19, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?
I just got the adapter but my phone screen will not show up when i plug it in via HDMI. I thought it was the hdmi cable but i have tried others and they do not work. I am starting to think my Lightning Digital Adapter is broken and I'm gonna have to return it.
- Asked by John M from Chicago
- 02 10, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?)
Is any setup required on iPad for using Lightning Digital AV Adapter
I saw "Now bring up the Control Centre, swipe left and choose Video Output to enable specific content from your iPhone to be sent to your TV", but I could not find Video Output in Control Center screen. Mine is 2017 iPad new.
- Asked by Luyin R from Mipitas
- 04 25, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Is any setup required on iPad for using Lightning Digital AV Adapter)
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter with HDMI cable to connect a Mac mini with iPad mini, and use the Mac as monitor?
- Asked by Maria Antonietta D from Acaya Di Vernole
- 09 7, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter with HDMI cable to connect a Mac mini with iPad mini, and use the Mac as monitor?)
The overview states that the adapter "will display in up to 720p on your HDMI-equipment". Then it goes on to say the adapter also displays in 1080p??
"Use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to mirror whatever’s on your iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation) with Lightning connector — apps, presentations, websites, slideshows, and more — on your HDMI-equipped TV, display, projector, or other compatible display in up to 720p HD. Video mirroring is supported on all compatible devices.
Watch video on the big screen in up to 1080p by connecting your device with Lightning connector to a television, projector, or other HDMI-compatible display. Video out supports up to 1080p for iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation)."
Can I get internet from my iPhone 7 Plus to Apple TV 4 using a Lightning Digital AV Adapter and HDMI 2.0 cable, instead of using my hotspot?
I have no home internet at the moment & have limited hotspot data.
- Asked by Alvin R from New York City
- 12 2, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I get internet from my iPhone 7 Plus to Apple TV 4 using a Lightning Digital AV Adapter and HDMI 2.0 cable, instead of using my hotspot?)
Does lightning digital av adapter work with ipad air on ios 7.1
I have a ipad air on 7.1 does this work for apps that support tv out?
- Asked by Hannah H
- 04 1, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does lightning digital av adapter work with ipad air on ios 7.1)
Apple MD826ZM/A Lightning Connector to Digital AV Adapter can be used for mirroring Iphone 7 plus to Pioneer AVX 8890 BT?
I am trying to mirror my IPHONE 7 Plus to Pioneer AVX 8890 BT to use Google maps as it will not work on car play mode. I got two USB and HDMI out from Pioneer AVX 8890BT. Car play works fine but as you all know, it will not show up google map and many other programs available on IPHONE 7. If you have a better solution than this, please let me know.
- Asked by Reggie T from Kochi
- 07 24, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple MD826ZM/A Lightning Connector to Digital AV Adapter can be used for mirroring Iphone 7 plus to Pioneer AVX 8890 BT?)