Similar questions from the community
Can I use this adapter to charge an iPad Air 2 with the iPhone 4 30 pin cable and power outlet adapter?
My Hyundai car was shipped with a 30 pin adapter for iPhone 4/4S, witch connects to the panel through both a USB and a P2 audio cable. Using this 30 Pin to Lightning adapter, can I charge and listen to music with my iPad Air 2 in the car sound system? Also, can I use it to charge the iPad with the iPhone 4 cable and power outlet connector?
- Asked by João Paulo R from Sorocaba
- 6 Nov 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to charge an iPad Air 2 with the iPhone 4 30 pin cable and power outlet adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
Does the lightning port in this support USB C PD power delivery?
Am looking to order an Anker 30W 12v car USB C PD charger (search Amazon for Anker 42W PowerDrive Speed+ Duo, 2 Port USB Car Charger since I can’t seem to add URLs to this). This will be to fast charge my iPhone XS Max with the smart battery case.
Since the lightning digital AV adapter lightning port seems to be power only (can’t connect headphones etc), will there be any problem with the lightning power input being PD? Works fine with a regular slow USB to lightning, but since there’s only the one wire from the adapter to the iPhone, I didn’t know if there was any issues with the higher wattage power input with it being USB C PD and possibly affecting the HDMI signal or not being able to pass through the higher wattage power.
Just wish this accessory had an option in the iPhone itself to recognize the AV adapter and allow us to choose mirror or just have the HDMI output what you choose. ie have the phone show a movie through the TV app through HDMI but still be able to use the phone for other purposes such as safari or maps.. but that’s another story and up to Apple devs to take care of.
- Asked by Kevin C from Charlotte
- 22 Jul 2019
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the lightning port in this support USB C PD power delivery?)
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- 19 Jan 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
I have two iPhone 5s, one with 10.2.1 and the other with 11.02. will it make any difference, or will it work on both operating systems?