Similar questions from the community
What apps are not supporting video out thru this cable?
I want to you this cable to watch video on tv from you tube, IPLA , or other apss. Please list all aps not supporting video out.
- Asked by Remigiusz G from Raleigh
- 01 29, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What apps are not supporting video out thru this cable?)
DOES THIS CABLE SUPPORT THE DIRECT TV APP WITH IPHONE 6 PLUS
i have tyried to connect my iphone 6 plus with the cable to my tv and all i get is sound the rest of my apps work fine
- Asked by Kevin J from Moulton
- 05 30, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (DOES THIS CABLE SUPPORT THE DIRECT TV APP WITH IPHONE 6 PLUS)
Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?
I have an iphone 5 and the current cable adapters does not support video when plugged into my double din car stereo for navigation; does this A/V adapter work?
- Asked by Alfredo A from Concord
- 11 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?)
Can I watch virgin media tv app or sky sports app on my television using my lightning digital AV adaptor
When i try to use it it just comes up with error message or unfortunately we are not allowed to stream video via video out or via screen mirroring.
It has also came up with due to licensing restrictions this output isn’t supported
Can somebody please help me overcome this problem if possible
Can we play web video through lightning digital av adapter?
- Asked by Chase X from Akron
- 04 11, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we play web video through lightning digital av adapter?)
Has anyone had issues streaming video from an iPhone through a projector?
Screen mirroring with my LED projector works fine with internal videos and YouTube, but when using any other streaming video app (Netflix, HBO Go, CW, etc.) the iPhone (8+) screen goes dark & I only get audio. All apps as well as the phone's iOS are the latest versions. I'm using the lightning/USB cable to connect to the projector; is that the problem (e.g. should I be using a lightning/VGA or /HDMI)?
- Asked by Matthew R from Milwaukee
- 05 10, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone had issues streaming video from an iPhone through a projector?)
Does this work with apps and sites not supported by airplay?
NBC currently does not support airplay. Can i use this with NBC app to mirror to my TV?
- Asked by Hunter A from Nashville
- 03 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with apps and sites not supported by airplay?)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- 06 21, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
Does it Supports ipad mini with both video and audio
- Asked by Qaisar K from Newyork
- 06 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it Supports ipad mini with both video and audio)
Can i watch fox go app using this cable
- Asked by Linda T from Burnie
- 08 31, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i watch fox go app using this cable)
No answers yet
Does Sky Sports app work with this adapter?
Does anybody know if the Sky Sports app allows external video?
I am away a lot with work, and am looking for ways to bring my favourite Sky program's with me to my hotel room.
- Asked by Peter F
- 03 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Sky Sports app work with this adapter?)
No answers yet
Does this cable charge the iphone or ipad battery?
While this is an audio and video adapted, how does the device stay charged with this?
- Asked by Matthew Z from Costa Mesa
- 09 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable charge the iphone or ipad battery?)
The overview states that the adapter "will display in up to 720p on your HDMI-equipment". Then it goes on to say the adapter also displays in 1080p??
"Use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to mirror whatever’s on your iPad with Retina display, iPad mini, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation) with Lightning connector — apps, presentations, websites, slideshows, and more — on your HDMI-equipped TV, display, projector, or other compatible display in up to 720p HD. Video mirroring is supported on all compatible devices.
Watch video on the big screen in up to 1080p by connecting your device with Lightning connector to a television, projector, or other HDMI-compatible display. Video out supports up to 1080p for iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, iPhone 5, and iPod touch (5th generation)."
Can I mirror my now tv app onto my tv from my iPad using this cable?
Would like to watch now tv when away on the tv, I can mirror it from my lap top to tv using hdmi cables but wondered if I could use this to use the iPad instead.
- Asked by Wendy W
- 10 26, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I mirror my now tv app onto my tv from my iPad using this cable?)
can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?
I want to use a lightning cable adapter to connect to a 30-pin cable that would then connect to a pair of video glasses. Would this work?
- Asked by Mark P from Monessen
- 06 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?)