Similar questions from the community
What is the other port beside the HDMI?
I can see that there are two ports, but I can't tell what the second one is and I don't see it in the description.
Is it just another Lightning port so you can charge at the same time as outputting video? That is my best guess...
- Asked by Daniel P from Edmonton
- 10 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the other port beside the HDMI?)
Is that a standard HDMI port, or mini HDMI, or micro HDMI?
- Asked by Cliff K from Concord
- 11 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is that a standard HDMI port, or mini HDMI, or micro HDMI?)
What is the smaller port to the right of the HDMI port?
- Asked by Deborah A from Belmont
- 10 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the smaller port to the right of the HDMI port?)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- 09 16, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
Can it be used as a video INPUT port on the ipad?
For example to connect a dslr camera hdmi output for seeing the photos as if the ipad was an external monitor
- Asked by Alex Z from Monfalcone Go
- 03 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used as a video INPUT port on the ipad?)
Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?
My projector has DVI but no HDMI. I would like to use the lightning-to-HDMI cable, connect it to a HDMI-to-dvi adaptor plug and then hook it up to the dvi port on my projector (or computer monitor). Will that work?
- Asked by R.c. S
- 06 12, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?)
Can I use the lightning port on this device to connect another adapter? I want to use this for HDMI and also add a lightning to MIDI adapter.
I am using my iPad to display lyrics, but want to mirror it using this adapter onto a screen. I also want my iPad to receive MIDI so I want to add that adapter. So I'm hoping I can use this adapter to not only output HDMI, but also allow use of another adapter to input a MIDI signal.
Can I still stream audio via Bluetooth Audio while using HDMI for video?
I see the HDMI port support boths Audio and Video, however can I still stream my audio via bluetooth through my Bluetooth Amplifier while watching video through HDMI?
- Asked by Simon W from Evansville
- 04 4, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I still stream audio via Bluetooth Audio while using HDMI for video?)
Can the lightning dock be used with a AV adapter so that the iPhone 7 can... 1. output to HDMI, 2. output audio down a 3.5mm jack, and 3. be charged?
My thinking is to use the lightning dock with the AV adapter plugged into the back of it so there is a charging port, hdmi port, and audio jack. All this would link to a computer monitor and stereo system. Will it work?
I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?
I want to plug this into my iPad as a view screen and run video out at the same time to a head set. Does the lightning port do more then just charge the iPad or will it take input and give the ut put at the same time.
- Asked by Sean P from Bakersfield
- 07 1, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?)
HDMI Cables for iPad Minis
To connect my iPad Mini to the Television to watch downloaded movies
- Asked by Lavinia I
- 12 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI Cables for iPad Minis)
No answers yet
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- 01 22, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?
On the pictures of this Lightning to HDMI adapter there looks like to plugs, 1 for the HDMI, what is the other one for?
- Asked by Robert R from Menifee
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?)
If you are using FaceTime, can it be seen on your hdmi tv?
- Asked by Elizabeth F from Atlanta
- 12 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (If you are using FaceTime, can it be seen on your hdmi tv?)
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- 01 19, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?
I have a new iPad and an iPhone 5. With an hdmi cable to a compatible tv, can I watch movies from Netflix or other sources, or is it only compatible with iTunes?
- Asked by Peter O from Seattle
- 03 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch Hulu or netflix on iPhone 5 with Hdmi cable?)
Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?
Just wondering if you know whether this works? I would like to buy a Lightning Digital AV adapter to use with HDMI projectors and devices but since sometimes all a client has is a VGA connector I would like to use a standard HDMI to VGA converter. That would be a lot cheaper than also buying a Lightning to VGA adapter since both are $49.
- Asked by Robert P from Fishers
- 01 29, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV Adapter to HDMI to VGA adaptor?)