Similar questions from the community
What is the other port beside the HDMI?
I can see that there are two ports, but I can't tell what the second one is and I don't see it in the description.
Is it just another Lightning port so you can charge at the same time as outputting video? That is my best guess...
- Asked by Daniel P from Edmonton
- 10 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the other port beside the HDMI?)
What is the smaller port to the right of the HDMI port?
- Asked by Deborah A from Belmont
- 10 26, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the smaller port to the right of the HDMI port?)
Is that a standard HDMI port, or mini HDMI, or micro HDMI?
- Asked by Cliff K from Concord
- 11 16, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is that a standard HDMI port, or mini HDMI, or micro HDMI?)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- 09 16, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet
Can it be used as a video INPUT port on the ipad?
For example to connect a dslr camera hdmi output for seeing the photos as if the ipad was an external monitor
- Asked by Alex Z from Monfalcone Go
- 03 13, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used as a video INPUT port on the ipad?)
Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?
My projector has DVI but no HDMI. I would like to use the lightning-to-HDMI cable, connect it to a HDMI-to-dvi adaptor plug and then hook it up to the dvi port on my projector (or computer monitor). Will that work?
- Asked by R.c. S
- 06 12, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?)
Can I use the lightning port on this device to connect another adapter? I want to use this for HDMI and also add a lightning to MIDI adapter.
I am using my iPad to display lyrics, but want to mirror it using this adapter onto a screen. I also want my iPad to receive MIDI so I want to add that adapter. So I'm hoping I can use this adapter to not only output HDMI, but also allow use of another adapter to input a MIDI signal.
Does the lightning Charging port need to be plugged in? (Ie. does the lightning HDMI A/V adapter require external power to be functional)
Can the adapter function stand alone without a USB lightning cable connected to AC power adapter?
I am going to buy 2018 HONDA ODESSEY with rear entertainment system (RES). There is a HDMI port there. Can I connect it my Iphone 8 through this adapt
Can I still stream audio via Bluetooth Audio while using HDMI for video?
I see the HDMI port support boths Audio and Video, however can I still stream my audio via bluetooth through my Bluetooth Amplifier while watching video through HDMI?
- Asked by Simon W from Evansville
- 04 4, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I still stream audio via Bluetooth Audio while using HDMI for video?)
Can the lightning dock be used with a AV adapter so that the iPhone 7 can... 1. output to HDMI, 2. output audio down a 3.5mm jack, and 3. be charged?
My thinking is to use the lightning dock with the AV adapter plugged into the back of it so there is a charging port, hdmi port, and audio jack. All this would link to a computer monitor and stereo system. Will it work?
I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?
I want to plug this into my iPad as a view screen and run video out at the same time to a head set. Does the lightning port do more then just charge the iPad or will it take input and give the ut put at the same time.
- Asked by Sean P from Bakersfield
- 07 1, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- 01 22, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
HDMI Cables for iPad Minis
To connect my iPad Mini to the Television to watch downloaded movies
- Asked by Lavinia I
- 12 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI Cables for iPad Minis)
No answers yet
I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?
On the pictures of this Lightning to HDMI adapter there looks like to plugs, 1 for the HDMI, what is the other one for?
- Asked by Robert R from Menifee
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (I see the HDMI plug but what is that second plug for?)
If you are using FaceTime, can it be seen on your hdmi tv?
- Asked by Elizabeth F from Atlanta
- 12 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (If you are using FaceTime, can it be seen on your hdmi tv?)