Similar questions from the community
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?
I just got the adapter but my phone screen will not show up when i plug it in via HDMI. I thought it was the hdmi cable but i have tried others and they do not work. I am starting to think my Lightning Digital Adapter is broken and I'm gonna have to return it.
- Asked by John M from Chicago
- 02 10, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?)
To avoid having to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, could I connect a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to a USB-C to Lightning Cable?
iPad>USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 meter, $19.00)>USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter ($69.00)>HDMI display
- Asked by José Gerardo A from San Antonio
- 10 12, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (To avoid having to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, could I connect a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to a USB-C to Lightning Cable?)
Is the apple lightning to digital av adapter an hdcp compatible device?
Community has had so many contradicting answers abt if can watch Netflix, Hulu and many others, am just trying to find out if the apple hdmi adapter is actually compatible with hdcp copyrighted contrnt
- Asked by Patrick H from Meyersdale
- 12 19, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the apple lightning to digital av adapter an hdcp compatible device?)
Can I use this adapter to connect my iPad or Iphone to an HDMI input on my AV receiver and then out to my TV via a 2nd HDMI cable?
- Asked by Stan M from Hamilton
- 06 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this adapter to connect my iPad or Iphone to an HDMI input on my AV receiver and then out to my TV via a 2nd HDMI cable?)
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- 01 19, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
Hulu and the iphone 5
I have a iphone 4 and watched Hulu thur my lcd tv and I have just got a iphone 5 and will have to replace my cables, the salepersom at radio shack told me I needed a Lighting to 30 pin adapter and to use my old 30 pin HDMI cables for my iphone 4. I just pluged it in today and all I get is sound no video on the my tv only but I do get video on the iphone 5 screen , I was told I really needed a Lightning Digital AV Adapter but was thinking is hulu still doing iphone to tv video output on the iphone 5?
- Asked by Jimmy V from Earlington
- 12 13, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Hulu and the iphone 5)
No answers yet
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
My AV receiver is out for service and I connected my ipad to my large plasma monitor using the lightening to HDMI adapter. Streaming video works but no sound from the ipad so we can't watch Netflix. Is there a way to get the sound from the ipad?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- 08 26, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?)
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
I'm looking to scale down my 15" MBP Retina to an iPad Air2. I'm traveling more and more for work, so space/weight remaining at a premium, particularly when crossing the Atlantic. My major concern is whether I'll have the ability to connect to a larger screen via Airplay or via the lightning/HDMI adapter to a larger screen for writing with Pages, Keynote, and more. I don't see an issue for presenting per se, but it would be wonderful if I could find a way to plug into a nice 22"+ monitor in a hotel room or in my home office. Is this possible? Am I condemned to just slightly reducing my travel tech with either a 13" MBP or MBA?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- 10 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
The text for this adapter says both "up to 720p HD" and "up to 1080p". Which is it? (The text for the 30-pin digital adapter does a better job.)
The text for your new Lightning Digital AV Adapter needs a clearer explanation of its resolution limits. The older 30-pin Digital AV Adapter says your iPad is mirrored on an "HDMI-compatible display in up to 1080p HD (movies play at up to 720p)." Are the same limitations in effect here?
Will I still receive calls when I'm using the Lightning to hdmi adapter
- Asked by Erika B from Bursville
- 07 27, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I still receive calls when I'm using the Lightning to hdmi adapter)
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- 01 22, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- 05 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?
I want to plug this into my iPad as a view screen and run video out at the same time to a head set. Does the lightning port do more then just charge the iPad or will it take input and give the ut put at the same time.
- Asked by Sean P from Bakersfield
- 07 1, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?)
It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?
Audio + video on HDMI is fine for my TV but if I plug HDMI into a projector that does not handle audio I would like to know if audio would still be available simultaneously at the earphone jack. If not I would have no sound unless I also buy some sort of HDMI audio stripper device.
Likewise, is that Lightning connector on the adapter only for pumping in charging power or anything else available there such as digital audio?
I am specifically referring to iPhone 6 running iOS 8.xxx.
- Asked by Steven K from Park Forest
- 02 27, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?)
GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to display a meeting via my iPad at a club meeting. Will GoToMeeting work with this adapter?
GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to wirelessly display a meeting via my iPad and an Apple TV at a club meeting. I know that some apps will break AirPlay, but this cable is so expensive that I was wondering whether GoToMeeting will definitely work with this HDMI adapter?
- Asked by Jonetta M from Pembroke Pines
- 11 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (GoToMeeting broke AirPlay when I was trying to display a meeting via my iPad at a club meeting. Will GoToMeeting work with this adapter?)
Will embedded video from an iBook play both audio/ visual with this adapter if connected to a HDMI to VGA adapter then to a projector?
- Asked by Bethanne W from Wilmington
- 01 4, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will embedded video from an iBook play both audio/ visual with this adapter if connected to a HDMI to VGA adapter then to a projector?)
What color format does it output through HDMI?
I already have this adapter and it could display my iPad mini 2 screen on an HDMI monitor.
However, when I tried to hook it up with Blackmagic UltraStudio mini recorder, the mini recorder didn't get any video.
It looks to me that the mini recorder only supports YUV color format.
Someone in BlackMagic's forum told me that this adapter may output only in RGB format.
(I don't use any copy-protected video)
So, can someone please confirm what color format it outputs through its HDMI port?
- Asked by Jongam P from Emeryville
- 09 16, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What color format does it output through HDMI?)
No answers yet