Similar questions from the community
It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?
Audio + video on HDMI is fine for my TV but if I plug HDMI into a projector that does not handle audio I would like to know if audio would still be available simultaneously at the earphone jack. If not I would have no sound unless I also buy some sort of HDMI audio stripper device.
Likewise, is that Lightning connector on the adapter only for pumping in charging power or anything else available there such as digital audio?
I am specifically referring to iPhone 6 running iOS 8.xxx.
- Asked by Steven K from Park Forest
- 02 27, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- 06 21, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
will this carry audio when streaming video recorded by iphone?
- Asked by Jeffrey B from Bronx
- 03 25, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (will this carry audio when streaming video recorded by iphone?)
Does it output the audio also?
HDMI normally carries both audio and video. If you have a movie on your iPhone 5, will this device (with an HDMI cable) output both audio and video to your HDTV?
- Asked by David M from San Francisco
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it output the audio also?)
Can you get audio from the lightning connection?
I want to use of my iPhone to a second display in my car while still using the factory audio integration.
- Asked by John B from Sault Ste Marie
- 11 23, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you get audio from the lightning connection?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
can it be connected to an HDMI to 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) to plug into a TV with that input?
HDMI is dgital and the 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) is analog... but the cable specs say it can connect an HDMI output and and input source with this RCA setup ... will it work?
- Asked by Hugo B from New York
- 11 16, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be connected to an HDMI to 3rca cable (red audio, white audio and yellow composite video) to plug into a TV with that input?)
Streaming DIRECTV? Audio, but no video. Has anyone found a solution? Is there another way to accomplish streaming DIRECTV to a TV with no WiFi?
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- 01 19, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
Will embedded video from an iBook play both audio/ visual with this adapter if connected to a HDMI to VGA adapter then to a projector?
- Asked by Bethanne W from Wilmington
- 01 4, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will embedded video from an iBook play both audio/ visual with this adapter if connected to a HDMI to VGA adapter then to a projector?)
Does it Supports ipad mini with both video and audio
- Asked by Qaisar K from Newyork
- 06 2, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it Supports ipad mini with both video and audio)
Can i watch Netflix from my iPAD pro retina display IOS 12.X on my TV using the digital lightining to HDMI adaptor ?
I am looking to buy a Digital lightining to HDMI AV adaptor, to stream videos and movies from Netflix on my TV/projector
I am using an iPAD pro 10.1” running IOS 12.1.1
I heard a lot of rumors that the adaptor after IOS 11 wasn’t streaming Netflix movies on the TV because of an issue with the ARM chip in the adaptor, does this still the case in IOS 12?
- Asked by Ahmed Y from Cairo
- 01 2, 19
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i watch Netflix from my iPAD pro retina display IOS 12.X on my TV using the digital lightining to HDMI adaptor ?)
Lightning Digital AV adaptor - hdmi to usb converter for digital audio to DAC does it work?
Can the lightning digital AV adaptor be used to extract digital sound from the Ipod 5? I would like to play back through my DAC and Integrated amplifier. Input to the DAC is USB B. So can I use a HDMI to USB converter to play digital music out from the Ipod 5? Using the lighning to 30pin adaptor does not work.
- Asked by Jeff S from Clarington
- 01 5, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning Digital AV adaptor - hdmi to usb converter for digital audio to DAC does it work?)
Does this (or any other Apple adapter) support audio from Keynote if using a projector with audio output
I'd like to use my iPad Air with my projector to do Keynote presentations
- Asked by Fiona M from New Lambton Heights
- 07 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this (or any other Apple adapter) support audio from Keynote if using a projector with audio output)
Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?
My AV receiver is out for service and I connected my ipad to my large plasma monitor using the lightening to HDMI adapter. Streaming video works but no sound from the ipad so we can't watch Netflix. Is there a way to get the sound from the ipad?
- Asked by Gail G from San Rafael
- 08 26, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the speaker on my ipad work when the HDMI is connected to a monitor?)
Does this cable charge the iphone or ipad battery?
While this is an audio and video adapted, how does the device stay charged with this?
- Asked by Matthew Z from Costa Mesa
- 09 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable charge the iphone or ipad battery?)
Can I watch virgin media tv app or sky sports app on my television using my lightning digital AV adaptor
When i try to use it it just comes up with error message or unfortunately we are not allowed to stream video via video out or via screen mirroring.
It has also came up with due to licensing restrictions this output isn’t supported
Can somebody please help me overcome this problem if possible
looking to stream NHL live from my ipad to a projector since my projector does not have speakers can i connect to bluetooth speaker still for sound?