Similar questions from the community
It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?
Audio + video on HDMI is fine for my TV but if I plug HDMI into a projector that does not handle audio I would like to know if audio would still be available simultaneously at the earphone jack. If not I would have no sound unless I also buy some sort of HDMI audio stripper device.
Likewise, is that Lightning connector on the adapter only for pumping in charging power or anything else available there such as digital audio?
I am specifically referring to iPhone 6 running iOS 8.xxx.
- Asked by Steven K from Park Forest
- 02 27, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?)
Does this adapter work with MHL compatible TVs? Also does the power pass through of those TVs work directly through it?
- Asked by James M from Naperville
- 08 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this adapter work with MHL compatible TVs? Also does the power pass through of those TVs work directly through it?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- 05 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?
My projector has DVI but no HDMI. I would like to use the lightning-to-HDMI cable, connect it to a HDMI-to-dvi adaptor plug and then hook it up to the dvi port on my projector (or computer monitor). Will that work?
- Asked by R.c. S
- 06 12, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?)
Will AV adapter's USB C port work with a standard USB hub (with a USB C adaptor of course) so I can plug in standard USB devices, card reader...etc
As above. Would hope to have multiple usage for this adapter. Such as plugging in a card reader or usb hub to use a mouse, usb flash drive...etc (ala camera adapter)
Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?
I have an iphone 5 and the current cable adapters does not support video when plugged into my double din car stereo for navigation; does this A/V adapter work?
- Asked by Alfredo A from Concord
- 11 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Digital a/v cable compatible with car stereo video?)
Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?
I just got the adapter but my phone screen will not show up when i plug it in via HDMI. I thought it was the hdmi cable but i have tried others and they do not work. I am starting to think my Lightning Digital Adapter is broken and I'm gonna have to return it.
- Asked by John M from Chicago
- 02 10, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?
Will this work:
1. Plug this into my iPad;
2. Plug wahoo ant+ dongle into thirty pin lightening connector/adapter;
3. Plug the 30 pin lightening adapter into the hdmi adapter lightening port;
4. Plug an hdmi cable into the hdmi adapter and a TV; and
5. Run the Zwift app on my iPad/usemysmart turbo trainer?
- Asked by John S
- 01 22, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with TV, iPad, Smart turbo trainer and Zwift set up?)
Will I still receive calls when I'm using the Lightning to hdmi adapter
- Asked by Erika B from Bursville
- 07 27, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Will I still receive calls when I'm using the Lightning to hdmi adapter)
Does it work with an iPhone with IOS 8
I've seen lots of reviews that say it doesn't work well with IOS 8 but I just wanted to see if it has started to work better with the minor updates to IOS 8 like IOS 8.1.3. If there's anyone who still uses one with an iPhone and has IOS 8 could u plz just tell me how it is, Thx. (Also specifically iPhone 5c)
- Asked by Connor W
- 01 30, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with an iPhone with IOS 8)
Will AV adapter work with my camera
I need to transfer a video from my digital camera will the digital AV adapter do this or do I need to buy a different cable ??
- Asked by Pauline F
- 08 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will AV adapter work with my camera)
No answers yet
Will this adapter work with iPhone 8?
- Asked by Kimberly O from New Orleans
- 06 6, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with iPhone 8?)
No answers yet
Can this adapter use to watch Jio TV
I would like to use this adapter to watch Jio TV on my TV screen, does it work?
- Asked by Paras B from Pune
- 01 8, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter use to watch Jio TV)
No answers yet
what will happened if your tv is not 1080p hd? will it still work?
- Asked by Vitrieh K from Commewijne
- 10 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (what will happened if your tv is not 1080p hd? will it still work?)
Does Sky Sports app work with this adapter?
Does anybody know if the Sky Sports app allows external video?
I am away a lot with work, and am looking for ways to bring my favourite Sky program's with me to my hotel room.
- Asked by Peter F
- 03 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Sky Sports app work with this adapter?)
No answers yet
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
I'm looking to scale down my 15" MBP Retina to an iPad Air2. I'm traveling more and more for work, so space/weight remaining at a premium, particularly when crossing the Atlantic. My major concern is whether I'll have the ability to connect to a larger screen via Airplay or via the lightning/HDMI adapter to a larger screen for writing with Pages, Keynote, and more. I don't see an issue for presenting per se, but it would be wonderful if I could find a way to plug into a nice 22"+ monitor in a hotel room or in my home office. Is this possible? Am I condemned to just slightly reducing my travel tech with either a 13" MBP or MBA?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- 10 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
will the lighting digital AV adapter work for ipad 3
- Asked by Agnita G from San Diego
- 11 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will the lighting digital AV adapter work for ipad 3)