Similar questions from the community
Does the Lightning port on the adaptor allow for the iOS device to sync as well as charge? i.e. Is the Lightning port Only for Charging?
I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?
I want to plug this into my iPad as a view screen and run video out at the same time to a head set. Does the lightning port do more then just charge the iPad or will it take input and give the ut put at the same time.
- Asked by Sean P from Bakersfield
- 07 1, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a DJI Mavic pro. Will the HDMI / lightning adapter support video in and out to a FPV head set and from the controller at the same time?)
What is the other port beside the HDMI?
I can see that there are two ports, but I can't tell what the second one is and I don't see it in the description.
Is it just another Lightning port so you can charge at the same time as outputting video? That is my best guess...
- Asked by Daniel P from Edmonton
- 10 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the other port beside the HDMI?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Is there a way to charge my iPhone with this plugged in?
- Asked by Andrew D from Saugus
- 10 25, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to charge my iPhone with this plugged in?)
Is any one has experience using this Digital AV adapter with iPad3? Do we need to buy separate charging cable for second port in this cable?
- Asked by Dharmeshkumar P from Indianapolis
- 11 22, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is any one has experience using this Digital AV adapter with iPad3? Do we need to buy separate charging cable for second port in this cable?)
Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?
My projector has DVI but no HDMI. I would like to use the lightning-to-HDMI cable, connect it to a HDMI-to-dvi adaptor plug and then hook it up to the dvi port on my projector (or computer monitor). Will that work?
- Asked by R.c. S
- 06 12, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable together with a HDMI-to-DVI adapter?)
Is there a lightning splitter to allow charging of an iPhone while using an external microphone that only draws power from the lightning connect?
- Asked by Thomas N from Golden Valley
- 06 27, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a lightning splitter to allow charging of an iPhone while using an external microphone that only draws power from the lightning connect?)
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- 01 19, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?
I just got the adapter but my phone screen will not show up when i plug it in via HDMI. I thought it was the hdmi cable but i have tried others and they do not work. I am starting to think my Lightning Digital Adapter is broken and I'm gonna have to return it.
- Asked by John M from Chicago
- 02 10, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a PS4 HDMI cable to connect to the lightning digital an adapter?)
iPhone 6s+ Lightning to HDMI or USB on AXIA micro projector.
II have an iPhone 6s+ and an AXIA micro projector. Is it possible to project presentations from my phone? If so what cable do I need to buy?
- Asked by Linda S from Quakertown
- 05 30, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (iPhone 6s+ Lightning to HDMI or USB on AXIA micro projector.)
Lightning adapter with typeC converter could be used in new generation iDevices?
As many of us here owned more than one lightning adapter which we normally use with our iPhone X or iPad Pro 10.5 inch here; however, all the new iPad Pro models and even upcoming new iPhone XI would be came with type C plug instead of lightning then, so my question is can I connect my lightning adapter with typeC converter to use the new gun iDevices....?
- Asked by Io Kong C from Lynnwood
- 02 2, 19
- Flag as inappropriate (Lightning adapter with typeC converter could be used in new generation iDevices?)
It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?
Audio + video on HDMI is fine for my TV but if I plug HDMI into a projector that does not handle audio I would like to know if audio would still be available simultaneously at the earphone jack. If not I would have no sound unless I also buy some sort of HDMI audio stripper device.
Likewise, is that Lightning connector on the adapter only for pumping in charging power or anything else available there such as digital audio?
I am specifically referring to iPhone 6 running iOS 8.xxx.
- Asked by Steven K from Park Forest
- 02 27, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (It appears that audio is sent with video on the HDMI connection. But is audio still available simultaneously at the earphone jack?)
is audio possible using lightning digital av adapter iPhone 7 with the 1/8 adapter? Is there a setting adjustment i need to make on the iPhone?
- Asked by Gary Y from Crystal Springs
- 03 5, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (is audio possible using lightning digital av adapter iPhone 7 with the 1/8 adapter? Is there a setting adjustment i need to make on the iPhone?)
Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?
I'm looking to scale down my 15" MBP Retina to an iPad Air2. I'm traveling more and more for work, so space/weight remaining at a premium, particularly when crossing the Atlantic. My major concern is whether I'll have the ability to connect to a larger screen via Airplay or via the lightning/HDMI adapter to a larger screen for writing with Pages, Keynote, and more. I don't see an issue for presenting per se, but it would be wonderful if I could find a way to plug into a nice 22"+ monitor in a hotel room or in my home office. Is this possible? Am I condemned to just slightly reducing my travel tech with either a 13" MBP or MBA?
- Asked by Charles G from Boca Raton
- 10 20, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use Pages when connecting an iPad Air2 to a monitor via lightning/HDMI adapter?)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- 05 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
Will AV adapter's USB C port work with a standard USB hub (with a USB C adaptor of course) so I can plug in standard USB devices, card reader...etc
As above. Would hope to have multiple usage for this adapter. Such as plugging in a card reader or usb hub to use a mouse, usb flash drive...etc (ala camera adapter)