Similar questions from the community
Extra uses for the Lightning Digital AV Adapter?
Hello, excuse me I have a question:
Am I able to use this adapter to use the iPad Air as the main display of a Mac mini?.
Thanks for your time!.
- Asked by Cedric Gabriel C from Los Angeles
- 02 16, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Extra uses for the Lightning Digital AV Adapter?)
Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?
I make talking head videos on my own on an iPhone 6S Plus. For audio I use an external microphone connected via the Lightning port. For video I use the higher quality back facing iPhone camera. During video recording I want to monitor the video to keep myself in frame. Could this work?
1. Connect the external microphone to the female Lightning Digital AV Adapter Lightning port.
2. Connect a computer monitor into the female Lightnight Digital AV Adapter HDMI port.
3. Connect the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to the iPhone.
With this set-up would the app used to record video on the iPhone appear on the monitor?
- Asked by Noric D from Sydney
- 01 19, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Could a Lightning Digital AV Adapter facilitate iPhone video production monitoring?)
To avoid having to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, could I connect a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to a USB-C to Lightning Cable?
iPad>USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 meter, $19.00)>USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter ($69.00)>HDMI display
- Asked by José Gerardo A from San Antonio
- 10 12, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (To avoid having to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, could I connect a USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter to a USB-C to Lightning Cable?)
Can I watch to shows that I bought on iTunes through the Lightning digital AV adapter?
Hi I have a lg 4K ultra hdtv can I watch to show I bought on iTunes with the Lightning digital AV adapter and also can I play games on my iPhone 6s to go through to the tv so it's a bigger screen ? Your help would be much appreciated.
- Asked by Zoe - Ann D
- 03 10, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch to shows that I bought on iTunes through the Lightning digital AV adapter?)
Can I use the Lightning Digital AV Adapter to connect my iPad mini to a big-screen TV and watch iPlayer etc? I saw one comment suggesting I couldn't.
This is the only reason I want to buy the Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and was about to purchase until I saw someone saying you couldn't watch on-demand TV using this cable. That's the first I've heard of this though, so not sure if this is true or not.
I actually subscribe to Eurosport Player which is great on the iPad, but would be good to have the option to watch on a big TV, without going down the AirPlay route.
Can we play web video through lightning digital av adapter?
- Asked by Chase X from Akron
- 04 11, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can we play web video through lightning digital av adapter?)
can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?
I want to use a lightning cable adapter to connect to a 30-pin cable that would then connect to a pair of video glasses. Would this work?
- Asked by Mark P from Monessen
- 06 19, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect my iPad Air to video glasses using a lightning digital cable adapter?)
Can pen drive be connected to the Lightning digital AV adaptor?
How to transfer datas from iPad Air 2 to pen drive?
- Asked by Karan S
- 09 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can pen drive be connected to the Lightning digital AV adaptor?)
For iPhone 7 is it possible to have Audio input (for my microphone ) with Lightning Digital AV adapter while using HDMI output to a reference monitor?
With iPhone 7 Plus I want to record video and use an external (large) monitor. So I use the Digital AV adapter for HDMI out BUT now my external microphone (plugged into the auxiliary lightning port on the adapter) is no longer recognized. It worked fine when plugged directly into the phone without the adapter. Is it possible for this configuration to work. If so, how?
Does lightning digital av adapter work with ipad air on ios 7.1
I have a ipad air on 7.1 does this work for apps that support tv out?
- Asked by Hannah H
- 04 1, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Does lightning digital av adapter work with ipad air on ios 7.1)
Will this crazy setup work?
I've planned quite the complicated setup for the iPad Mini in my car for video and audio. First, I plug the Lightning to HDMI Adapter into the iPad.
From the HDMI branch of the adapter:
A1. HDMI cable
A2. HDMI to composite converter (ViewHD)
A3. Composite cable
I'll be using these for video output only – not sound. I'm assuming the display mirroring will work; however, I'm concerned about interfacing the different resolutions of the iPad Mini and the car head unit. Also, would it be a better idea to go with VGA stuff instead of HDMI?
From the Lightning branch of the adapter:
B1. Lightning to 30-pin adapter, 0.2 m
B2. 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable
I'm looking to get audio, charge, and music control from this branch. I get all three currently from just the 30-pin car-integrated iPod cable; I wonder if any of the functions will be lost along the way.
Please let me know if this will all work!
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- 05 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this crazy setup work?)
No answers yet
is audio possible using lightning digital av adapter iPhone 7 with the 1/8 adapter? Is there a setting adjustment i need to make on the iPhone?
- Asked by Gary Y from Crystal Springs
- 03 5, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (is audio possible using lightning digital av adapter iPhone 7 with the 1/8 adapter? Is there a setting adjustment i need to make on the iPhone?)
when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?
I'm designing a car stereo system that is going to use an iPad as the head unit (deck). I need to get a digital audio signal (toslink) out of the iPad so I can connect it to a DSP with toslink in. From there, it will be like any other car stereo; Analog audio out of the DSP (just as it would come out of a traditional car stereo head unit) and into amps, then speakers/subs. By going this route, I can use the vastly superior DA converter in the DSP as opposed to the iPad's onboard DA converter.
Unfortunately Apple does not provide us with a lightning to toslink adapter; surprise, surprise! However If I were to get a Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and a device like this (Fosmon HDMI Audio Extractor Converter Box [HDMI to HDMI+Audio] - Supports Toslink (SPDIF), RCA L/R Audio) Then conceivably I could extract the Digital audio that way. However, I will only need the audio from the HDMI signal, regardless if there is any video data or not (listening to an MP3 as opposed to watching an MKV) So for this plan to work, the iPad's own screen would need to remain active (on, with video displayed) even when the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter is plugged into the iPad. Thanks.
Also, will using the apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter just transfer the sound from music/video's being watched, or would it transmit all system sounds, like for instance the key stroke sounds from typing, alert sounds from notifications, etc?
- Asked by Matthew G from Sacramento
- 06 21, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (when using this cable with an iPad, does the iPad's screen itself still display video? or only the external display?)
will the lighting digital AV adapter work for ipad 3
- Asked by Agnita G from San Diego
- 11 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (will the lighting digital AV adapter work for ipad 3)