Similar questions from the community
Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?
I don't see an extension cable anywhere on the web site.
I have the extremely useful 10W adapter that has a long cable that allows me to use my iPad and have it plugged into the wall socket.
Now I need the same for my iPhone.
(it came with a ridiculous little charging cable, which is okay as long as Apple offers an extension).
But from other users I gather that there's no cable with this 12W adapter.
Please tell me Apple didn't replace the 10W adapter with one that has no available extension.
- Asked by Thomas D from Toronto
- 07 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find the power cable for the 12W Power adapter?)
Will this adapter work with the 3rd generation ipad and cable?
and will it charge it any faster than the old 10W version?
- Asked by Casey B from Fargo
- 10 24, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work with the 3rd generation ipad and cable?)
If I use the plug/cord from an older 10W power adapter with this 12W adapter, will it still charge at 12W? They do fit (same connection).
I want to use the cord from the 10W adapter I had with my iPad 3 with the new 12W adapter I got with my iPad 4. I assume all the electronics that make it 12W are in the main body of the power adapter, not in the small section that slides onto it. The main parts of the adapters are the only parts that say anything about 10W or 12W. I noticed the little slide-on plug sections all say "2.5A 125V" regardless of when they were made, the one from my iPad 1 says the same thing as the one from my iPad 4. So I'm 99% sure I can connect the 12W adapter to an older cable or older plug and it won't make a difference and will still charge at 12W. I just want to have this confirmed.
I just got an IPAD MINI 2 for Christmas and it came with a 10w charger can I use the 12w and which cable would I need
- Asked by Barbara D from Winter Park
- 12 28, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (I just got an IPAD MINI 2 for Christmas and it came with a 10w charger can I use the 12w and which cable would I need)
The only adaptor I have for my Ipad 4 is a 2008 ipod charger (I don't know the wattage). Will this 12 w charge my ipad quicker?
Can I use the 12W Power Adapter to charge two or more devices at once using a hub?
I would love to hook a USB hub up to my Apple 12W power adapter and charge two or more Apple devices at once. Is this possible? If so, does it have to be a specific hub?
- Asked by Andrew N from Brooklyn
- 01 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 12W Power Adapter to charge two or more devices at once using a hub?)
will this charge the iphone 4 faster?
will this charge my iphone 4 faster than the 5w charger included?
- Asked by Santiago B
- 11 5, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will this charge the iphone 4 faster?)
will this new 12W adapter work with 1st generation iPad? Will it increase the charging time of 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation iPads?
do I use the apple 12W USB power adapter to charge my ipday when I am in Turkey and Iran.
traveling to Turkey and iran with ipad....how to recharge safely?
- Asked by Debbie M from Oviedo
- 10 18, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (do I use the apple 12W USB power adapter to charge my ipday when I am in Turkey and Iran.)
What is the difference between this 12W USB Power Adapter and the 5W USB Power Adapter, i.e. speed of charging, plug, durability, compatibility?
I have a iPhone 5s and iPad Mini Gen-1 to charge.
Can I use the 12 W usb power adapter to charge my iPhone 5
- Asked by Robert L from Bethesda
- 01 27, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the 12 W usb power adapter to charge my iPhone 5)
If I get an Apple brand 12w adapter, can I use a generic brand lightning to USB cable to charge my iPad mini and iPhones at normal speed?
- Asked by Georgia N from Atlanta
- 10 19, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (If I get an Apple brand 12w adapter, can I use a generic brand lightning to USB cable to charge my iPad mini and iPhones at normal speed?)
does anybody know if/how much faster this will charge an iPhone or iPad, since I've lost my iPad adapter which was 10 Watts. Thanks
Does it come with the whole charger? Will it work with a Type I plug from a 5W charger?
I currently have a 5W power adapter that came with my iPad mini (original). Does this 12W adapter come with the actual block (not the bit that plugs into the wall and is removable), or just the removable plug. Also could I put my Type I (Australia, New Zealand, Pacific and Argentina) on this one? I live in New Zealand, but am going to Britain for a few weeks, so need a plug for my iPad. I was originally going to ask if I would be getting just the plug (Type G) and use my existing charger, but now I'm asking, will my existing Type I plug, attach to this 12W charger?